What are peoples thoughts on heavy stubbers? I personally feel they are an underused weapon in 40k forces. Imperial Guard and Inquisition can use them only as a pintle mount on vehicles, Chaos cultists can use them as a special weapon too. This is pretty much the entirety of heavy stubber use in GW publications. FW fares a little better- Death Korp of Krieg can also take them twin-linked as a heavy weapon platform, and DKoK Grenadiers can take one as a special weapon, and the Lost and the Damned list in particular has them all over the place as both a weapons team and a special weapon.

I think that the Imperial Guard codex should also have access to heavy stubbers in the same way as the Lost and the Damned list- as special or heavy weapons. The background in Black Library books and the like has heavy stubbers appearing all over the place, as they are simple to make, simple to produce ammo for and simple to maintain and operate, yet this is not borne out in the models. Fischig uses one a few times in the Eisenhorn series, for example. I would love the option for a 5pt heavy stubber weapons team, just for the fluffiness (and cheapness) of it, with more elite units such as Veterans and Company command squads (and Inquisitorial henchmen) perhaps being able to take heavy stubbers as special weapons for the same price (both heavy weapon team and special weapon heavy stubbers are 5pts in the Lost and the Damned list).

What are other peoples' thoughts on this?