Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
Yup, think it was May of 2003. I remember very clearly, as I saw the first pre-orders for WM going up while looking for news about GW's sudden ban on online sales.

Maybe think a bit before getting all "smug" yerselves, fanboys.
Nah.

WM was out by then. I got into it shortly after Salute - I know this is right because I first played it properly in Edinburgh, and the events of that period of my life aren't something I'll forget (much as I'd like to) but had the models for a good while beforehand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
That's effectively why they were doing it. It wasn't just the whole "leech" thing, it was because online stockists directly compete with GW's web store, and holding stuff back as exclusives isn't as effective as trying to remove all competition.
An unsubstantiated claim from THE INTARNWEBS....and directly contradicted with GW's statement at the time.

But hey....what would I know compared to you. I was only like, working for them at the time, and got direct info on it from a Manager who'd been briefed on it at Head Office.

Clearly you're the font of all accuracy by regurgitating stuff you've read online, yeah?