I've only ever had Mormons try to convert me. Which ended unsatisfactory for them, because I actually knew the Bible and could explain to them thoroughly why I held the beliefs I have, how they mesh with the message of Christ (and I'm not worried about Paul, the OT, or that fanfic known as Revelation), and why it means I wouldn't be interested in joining their church. I don't think they come across many people who can actually hold an informed discussion on religion, so when they do meet such a person, they're not very prepared for it.

Haven't had any LGBT people try to convert me, but then again, I'm not sure why they'd want to unless they were actually attracted to me, and that's clearly not an issue. Was hit on by a guy once, but he got the hint faster than I did. (Still ashamed I actually missed the innuendo there. Being hit on by a guy? Not a problem, I'll just politely decline. Not realizing he wasn't talking about actual smoking methods but rather something else? That one brings me great shame and dishonor.)

And then there's a beautiful meshing of the two, where my friend keeps trying to spread The Gay Agenda in Civ V, and gets frustrated I won't vote for it as a world religion when I'm trying to convert people to Hentai Voodooism instead. Also, I won't forgive that damn treachery at Vienna.

On the core thread topic of superhero comics, I finally found where the off-fight scene from Civil War II takes place... in a comic handed out on Free Comic Book Day, which I unfortunately missed this year. A pivotal moment, and you won't read it unless you were at a comic shop on a certain day or can track down a copy. Meh. (For those who've read Civil War II issue 1 and were wondering, they explain a lot of the shape everyone's in by a mishap where Thanos throws Medusa into Rhodey, which sets off one of his shoulder rockets that hits She-Hulk in the chest and explodes hard enough to wreck and set fire to everything. Rhodey was wandering through the fire looking for She-Hulk when Thanos popped out and put his hand through Rhodey, which finally pissed people off enough to all unload on Thanos at once.)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, comics-related but maybe not superhero (or is?), I started reading The Infinite Loop this morning (part of Humble Bundle's current book deal). Pretty fun read so far. The art style is different, but in a good way. Kind of vibrant.

You kind of have to enjoy any comic that involves using a Roman throne as a hoverboard to surf under a t-rex.