BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Craftworld Eldar vs. Regular Eldaar

Hi guys since we are going with latest codex for all things I was wondering is or do we have an updated list for Craftworld Eldar other then 3rd Edition I think book of Craftworld Eldar. I was wondering if that book was still legal or did the 4th edition codex for eldar trump that one, exodites, and old 3rd edition codex?

Veteran-Sergeant

As a rule of thumb, new version of rule books always supercede the old version.

I dont mind the 4th ed version, but the options I would use for an Eldar Pirate theme still seem quite limiting (but I enjoy the challenge)!

Chaplain

There has NEVER been a Legal Exodite Codex...

'Regular' Eldar ARE Craftworld Eldar.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

I don't believe that the Craftworld Eldar codex is considered legal, having been superceded by the new Eldar codex. However, the feel of most Craftworld armies can be created with unit selection, so the only thing that is lost are the special rules.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    There has NEVER been a Legal Exodite Codex...

'Regular' Eldar ARE Craftworld Eldar.
    At one point in time, there was a [url=http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-40-000-Codex-Craftworld/dp/1841540293/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251075223&sr=8-1]Codex: Craftworld Eldar[/url] and not just [url=http://www.amazon.com/Codex-Eldar-Warhammer-40-000/dp/1869893395/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251075328&sr=1-1] Codex: Eldar[/url]. Nothing to do with exodites so far as I'm aware.

Links to Amazon, I think I've got the editions correct, but may not.

Chaplain

LMAO.

I have every Eldar book back to 2nd Edition.

I need no puny Amazon links.

There has NEVER been an Exodite book released by GW. They featured, very little, in the 2nd Ed book, never got a range of models, and were dropped from all but fluff.

Off topic: When the hell did Pinky and the Brain do a Bab5 crossover?!? lol
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Brother-Sergeant

sigh....how I miss the Ulthwe Strikeforce It would be great if the next codex had Dragon Knights and a Solitaire.

Chaplain

Yes, fleeing never to regroup, irrespective of casualties, lol.

I don't see Exodites returning to the main Eldar Dex. I can see them in a EoT/LatD style expansion...but that's unlikely, as the Tyranids have already eaten about half of them by M42.

Brother-Sergeant

[QUOTE=TheKingElessar;10814]Yes, fleeing never to regroup, irrespective of casualties, lol.

That's what made the army so much fun! Knowing that a few well placed whirlwind blasts could make everything fall apart like a house of cards. Then again, I could just be going through one of those "Good old days" moments.

Chaplain

I miss my BS4 Vypers, and War Walkers, and, hell, Guardians. Even the Spear of Khaine was fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast