BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    You aren't alone. I'm getting sick of it too. I was sick of reading about IG when that codex came out.

Deciding not to click on a story is fine - except that 90% of the stories (a gross estimate) on the front page are now about DE. Deciding not to click on them means that I'm not reading the blog period. It makes my web surfing, work procrastination very boring.

Personally, the very low numbers of people who are going to play DE doesn't warrant all the coverage they're getting. Maybe its just me, but nobody at the LGS seems to be picking up the DE codex that didn't play them before.
    I find it strange that people complain about the news when it is talking about what is new.

Chapter-Master

Default A confession...

I was genuinely ready to hate these guys. What I found uber tedious was that the people who stuck by their old codex, with the crappest range of models in the entire GW catalogue (including fantasy), seemed to think that just because they were niche, any win at all meant that they were some sort of elite players. And every post relating to a new codex could be relied upon to attract a 'but DE haven't had an upgrade for a squillion years' post.

Now, for me the worm has turned.

1. The models are now gorgeous. I hope the feminists are pleased with the female bodies because I think its the best GW have done.

2. If enough FOTM bandwagon jumpers get on board, its a new, non-MEQ foe for me to smash around.

3. They're close combat devils. Awesome! My Worldeaters won't have as far to walk to take skulls.

4. They're brittle T3-ers. Hooray! If I get first turn my 11 tanks in 1500pts Mech IG will blast them into oblivion (I conceed the same might be true the other way round).

Although I envy complex rules that give individuality to an Army (I refer to pain tokens - I will happily biatch and moan that this sort of character was lost with the old CSM codex) in all they are a good thing for the hobby, as it also means one codex down til something REALLY interesting like GK or Necrons comes around.

I await stats to see that in 85% of games where the DE don't get 1st turn, that they lose.

V/R,

Denzark
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Well for me its been 100% win when going first or second, you just have to play to your armies strengths and not be afraid of hiding things in reserve.

Few armies are true gunlines, so going second doesn't mean you'll be out of combat for longer, it means you will just be left with whatever targets become avaliable as your opponent advances.
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Well for me its been 100% win when going first or second, you just have to play to your armies strengths and not be afraid of hiding things in reserve.

Few armies are true gunlines, so going second doesn't mean you'll be out of combat for longer, it means you will just be left with whatever targets become avaliable as your opponent advances.
    Mal your signature says you have 2 wins. That means you have gone once first and once second. Whilst I concede your 100% this is hardly statistically kosher...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

no it simply means im too lazy to update my sig... its actually 12 wins so far...

perhaps I aught to go update it...
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    no it simply means im too lazy to update my sig... its actually 12 wins so far...

perhaps I aught to go update it...
    You typed that out hours ago...

Update it you lazy bum! Or do you need your slaves to do it?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    No, I'm not. Its been the most highly anticipated release since, well, I don't know when
    Absolutely. I have been waiting for DE for years and the new stuff IMO is just plain great. JMO though...

Cheers, Gary

Abbess Sanctorum

Yeah, seriously, stop whining and let the DE get their months to shine before we get another MEQ codex in spring.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

Yeah, people spend all their time complaining about how GW does too many SM codices, and so they go update the oldest xenos codex only for people to complain "enough DE, let's get back to the SMs!"
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Fair enough, I know when I'm alone.
    I am!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast