BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    You forgot take ****loads of steriods, and I live in Devon.
    Lol not all take the roids, I have done a couple of stacks but legal gear only. Interested to see your in Devon mate, where abouts ? PM me if you want. I used to play most of my games in Torquay GW but now the manager has gone its not the same. Looking for a club maybe.

Exeter but game in Exmouth.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

First-Captain

Hey deadlift I go to torquay to rich going is bad, but new manager is in someways kinda better
    For the Greater good.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Lol not all take the roids, I have done a couple of stacks but legal gear only. Interested to see your in Devon mate, where abouts ? PM me if you want. I used to play most of my games in Torquay GW but now the manager has gone its not the same. Looking for a club maybe.
    Steroids, growth enhancement hormones, ****tons of protein, etc etc etc.

Bodybuilders are quite frequently some of the least healthy people in society.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Adeptus Custodes

Remeber this is a game where a space marine''s slap is stronger than a shotgun blast.

Also all humans are strength 3 unless they've been injured or been given some kind of enhancement- not just best of the military- see necromunda gangers and juves- or conscripts.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 11-07-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    More Necromunda please.

Chapter-Master

Right, orks are str 3 because, while they are stronger than humans, most orks are weaker than SMs. Thus, str 3 with furious charge. And then, of course, nobz and the like get better strength.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

i'm just guessing here, but i'd say it's something like this:
    Conscript/guardian: S3.0
    Guardsman/gaunt: s3.3 ish
    Aspect warrior/DE warrior: S3.5
    ork: s3.7
    Space marine: 4.5
    Ctan: ***LOTS***

not a definitive guide, just a thought. make of it what you will.

If you really want to know why orks are Str3 then I have the absolute answer here for you.

Orks are Str3 because GW says so.
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

Occuli Imperator

I think the best answer was given on the first page... Orks, could arguably be given a higher strength, but they aren't due to balance rules... Now if the game was played on d10 instead of d6 we could have a more diversified system of stats.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Abbess Sanctorum

Orks on average are, in the d100 system of Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader, roughly ~45-55. Humans are on average ~25-35. Ork Nobz are ~55-65 with Unnatural Strength. Astartes are roughly ~40-50, with Unnatural Strength. Unnatural Strength increases the bonus that one gets from one's strength stat, but doesn't actually increase one's strength stat.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast