BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default First completed Kabalite Warrior

I've been working away on my new Dark Eldar models and this is the first to be completed. Thought I'd go ahead and share it and get some feedback.

Veteran-Sergeant

Very nice work! I am glad to see some good Dark Eldar paint skill here. Can't say enough how much I like your warrior. Keep up the good work.

I don't like that head, but that's not your fault, its just my least favourite in the kit.

I like the blue power cells and would consider adding the same colour to the barrel of the rifle where the groove is, as its a bit monotone at the moment.

Librarian

The surprise blue on the back is really cool, but I second isotope... you should add some to the gun. You may also want to add some color to the ammo feed on top, just to break up the gun a bit. Maybe a different metallic?

I agree with Drew, the gun kind of fades on the model without some colour splashed into it. The blue on the model's back is really nice, I think, so why not incorporate that into the inside tubing along the barrel of the weapon. Personally, I think that could look really sharp while with that simple touch, your gun will be much more eye-catching due to the contrast with the model's armour.

Otherwise, you might tie in more green to that same spot or, just for a more unifying look, use the same red on the armour inside that barrel.

Chapter-Master

really good !
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Looks really good, nice job on the cloth as well. I like the red highlight on the black a lot, I might need to steal that for something.