BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Transport moving flat out

Does a valkyrie with passengers moving 13" and being shot down automatically lose the passengers as to the new FAQ?

Does it overwrite Grav-chute insertion?

Major hurt on BA rhinos too...

Chapter-Master

Unit specific rules, in my opinion, should always be at the top of the rule food chain. You need the FAQ to specifically address the Grav-chute Insertion to override it.

FAQs for the 40k rule book only work with the basic 40k rules. You would need to read the IG FAQ to see what the deal is.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

i just read in another post that the valkyrie would have to be brought down on my own turn so the unit inside would be destroyed which doesnt happen very often if you stay out of difficult terrain...

Chapter-Master

Turn, by default, refers to player turn. If you're Valkyrie moves flat out and it then has to take a difficult terrain test, fails it and is destroyed, then yes, you lose the squad. However, if your opponent shoots it down next turn, you don't lose the squad, as it is not the same player turn in which you moved flat out.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 11-18-2010 at 12:17 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Turn, by default, refers to player turn. If you're Valkyrie moves flat out and it then has to take a difficult terrain test, fails it and is destroyed, then yes, you lose the squad. However, if your opponent shoots it down next turn, you don't lose the squad, as it is not the same player turn in which you moved flat out.
    yup. that's right.
    And just for ref. It's rules p9, second column first paragraph that states any reference to 'the turn' means player turn not game turn.