BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Daemon Hunter FAQ 5th ed

Some questions arise.
    1. Universal special rule "Where these terms appear within Codex : Daemonhunters, please refer to the Universal Special Rules section of the revised 40k rulebook: Fearless, Infiltrate. Does this add infiltrate to all Grey Knight units?
    2. Was there ever a Grey Knight rule about lance weapons?
    3.When do you decide Orbital strike placement? Is it before or after your opponent deploys?

Without the codex in front of me (yes, I know) I believe Assassins have infiltrate. Since they are in the codex, that's why they put that particular phrase there.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Baka View Post
    Some questions arise.

3.When do you decide Orbital strike placement? Is it before or after your opponent deploys?
    2. Like what? GK don't HAVE any lance weapons. Nor do they have any protection against them (unlike BT).
    3.As per its rules.

So it's after the roll-off to see who goes first, but before anything is deployed.
    Deployment zone determination is done by a combination of mission and the player who wins the roll off.

Chapter-Master

Some questions arise.
    1. Universal special rule "Where these terms appear within Codex : Daemonhunters, please refer to the Universal Special Rules section of the revised 40k rulebook: Fearless, Infiltrate. Does this add infiltrate to all Grey Knight units?
    Why would this add infiltrate to Grey Knights? All it says is "if they already have it, then refer to the BRB rules". Since Assassins are the only ones who have infiltrate, they're the only ones who get to use it.

No.

The Black Templar have an upgrade called Blessed Hull, which allows their vehicles to ignore the Lance rule. Daemonhunters also have an upgrade called Blessed Hull, but it does something completely different.

Before either player deploys, but after you determine deployment zones. It specifically says this under the Orbital Strike entry.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Default Thank you all.

That is exactly why everyone needs outside help once in a while. My other army is BT and that is where we were confused about the Blessed Hull and lance. As for the infiltrate, I hardly ever use assassins anymore. So again thank you all.

Chapter-Master

the orbital stirke : lance cannon ? is a lance weapon! ill be sad to see them go (Note day beafor GK release make army of stuff being removed and play at GW )
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

There are no lance weapons in the Daemonhunters codex. Just because it has Lance in the name doesn't give it the Lance rule. Also, your post (fuzzbuket) was exceptionally hard to read, so I apologize if you meant to imply something else, but mangled the meaning.

Chapter-Master

The 'lance' from an orbital strike is specifically referring to the spaceship weapons. The Lance is a continuous beam of energy that can be fired over a significantly long range. The crew to operate one of these weapons is well over 1000 humans.

Chapter-Master

oops my mistake :P
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!