BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

?
    So are you guys playing at 35,000 campaign?

No.

The Basic structure is: One player for each legion. 1000 points per army. Every model must be modified to be heresy era appropriate.

From reading the HH novels you can make similar arguments about Chaplains and Librarians, and while present performed much different roles and functions in combat than they do now. What we discussed was that using razorbacks was fine, as long as they are modeled as Rhinos with a heavy bolter instead of the stormbolter. The logic being that the Black Library takes some liberties and so can we. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that some enterprising marine decided "Hey, I've got this *****in' heavy bolter... I should pop out the top hatch and shoot stuffs with it till they're dead!". So if you can reasonably model it like that then fine.

Things like the Land Raider Redeemers, with Flamestorm cannons and Crusaders etc, that have specific purposes and introductions are off limits.

Another good example was the thunderfire cannon. Not Pre-heresy either, but we were able to modify or custom build something to be the Ordinatus Cannons used by heresy era guard in artillery support of the legions.

Sometimes the story told is better than 100% cannonical accuracy if it's justifiable.

I've already exceeded my 1000 points required for the campaign, my gaming group just often plays 1850 so I'd like the rest of the force to match :P

Hence these lists.

Chapter-Master

ah, makes sense. funky... but, yeah.

Well I played my first game with the Chaplain list tonight.

1850 Spearhead Seize Ground 5 Objectives.

Ultramarines vs Blood Angels

I won't do the full batrep right now, as it's late... but it was a learning experience that much is certain.

I had first turn, and castled a gunline defensive position on the two objectives in my immediate area. I had placed one objective in open ground near me with good lines of sight for my vindicators to fire upon.

I played soundly but the dice were not on my side tonight.

Squeeked out a tie on the last turn.

A few key moments:

Rifleman dread rolling 4 1's then twinlinking 2 1's and 2 2's on the re-roll.
    I forgot to pop smoke on my vindicators first turn which resulted possibly in me losing one that I need not lose to a deepstriking furioso.
    His heavy bolter razorbacks tore my marines in cover APART. I failed so many saves it wasn't funny.
    Mephiston is just not fair.
    Very poor dice rolling on my part. By turn 3 all my list had been able to do was kill the deepstriking dreadnought, rip a lascannon off his landraider and stun some transports/baal predator.
    Riflemen are fine, in theory, against transports... useless against anything else tonight. Will have to play test more.

I missed not having my redeemer. I am considering adding it back in. It doesn't fit the heresy timeline but that's not the end of the world to be honest. The campaign is only 1000 points and it won't be in my 1k list by any means.

I kinda missed having a big angry mob of terminators too.
    Last edited by RIGHT-Titan; 12-09-2010 at 12:43 AM.

I just realized that both the new lists are 40 points off because on my spreadsheet I forgot to remove the command squad razorback... So I played 40 points under my opponent last night... Might not have made a huge difference but it didn't help.

I'm kinda dumb that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12