BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Build the community

Hey guys, I am in no way affiliated with the site that I am linking and not even sure if if it will last, but I do like to try to grow the gaming community. Not to mention it is a great web site address. In fact, I learned of Bell of Lost Souls from that forum! Anyway, check it out below and let them know what you think!

[url]www.40k.com[/url]

FP

Banned

Yeah, I saw this site linked on Coolmini, and I found the forum horrible to try to read with that background and font combo. Also I don't want to join a community that's going to get C&D'd for a URL like that - it's asking for trouble.

Never really gave the C&D a thought. I persoannly did not think the background was that bad, but on second check the red lettering was a bit rough. You should post your thoughts and give them some feedback. People really do put a lot of time and effort into projects like that, it is the least we can do.

FP

Chapter-Master

My eyes hurt trying to look at that site.

How long has it been around?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Yeah, I saw this site linked on Coolmini, and I found the forum horrible to try to read with that background and font combo.
    It's really not that bad, I can read it fine.

GW can not C&D the site as 40K is a radio frequency that is how 40K radio got away with it. The term has a longer meaning related to radios than gaming

Brother-Sergeant

Seems to be mainly them posting stuff from BoLS. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by dagonis View Post
    Seems to be mainly them posting stuff from BoLS. I'll pass.
    That was actually me. Besides, saying that is like saying "Seems like BoLS is posting stuff from Warseer or DakkaDakka or whatever." That kind of stuff happens all over.

I am always amazed at just how close minded some people can be. I think the sight has more to offer than just forums. But no matter we all have a right to our opinions. To each their own!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    My eyes hurt trying to look at that site.

How long has it been around?
    I just happen to notice their banner on CMON one day and thought that the 40k.com address was pretty slick. I may be over thinking this part, but I am guessing that whoever is running this site had to pay for it and if that is true then either he/she this they are going to make $$$ from it OR they just have a passion for the hobby. I prefer to believe the later, but that may be the optimist in me!

Personally, I think original content would be better and bit of thought around the structure of the site would be useful. I find most Blogs that receive or publish the majority of their info. from other more established blogs as tedious. Get some articles about gaming up there, photos of your armies, table etc. Also, an original idea behind the blog would be useful to know, inthe 'about' section. A case of saying your helping to propagate the scene is just not worth the time and effort put in. If it was about how you enjoy the hobby and why and illustrate with a pofussion of pictures and illustrations that would be far more interesting and would actually expand the community and the message of the hobby......

Therefore in the words of Dragons in "Dragons Den"....I'm out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast