BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Talking

One Classic 40K moment I have never forgotten was in a game with my mate Glenn with his Orks Vs my Black Templars.
    Well Glen had scratch built this huge Ork truck that could actually carry 20 Ork Boys &l this was its first game. He had it on the far left flank of his deployment Zone waiting to rush forward.
    I had gotten the first turn & I fired at it with a Las Cannon armed Templar on a hill with clear line of sight. It hit, I rolled & penetrated. Rolled a 6 , Exploded & he lost 75% of the squad from bad saves.
    You should have seen his face!

We still laugh about it now & he sees the funny side. He is always great fun to play against!
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Occuli Imperator

Probably one of the best moments is when a friend charged kharn and a unit of bezerkers into my blood angels, he killed everyone in my squad except one guy. He was all excited that kharn was going to be stuck in combat which hebwould easily win during my turn and then be free to wreck havoc among my lines in his turn.

Then I shot a vindicator at his rhino which scattered wildly and landed on kharn and my guy. Kharn lived but my guy died, I then opened up on kharn with everything I had, sealing the game in my favor... Sometimes scatter is your friend.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

A game I was watching:

A buzzsaw-equiped deffkopta assaults a rhino with 5 bog standard CSM in it. Stuns it.

next turn the CSM get out, shoot and assault the deffkopta. bad rolling and good saves gives only 1 wound on the kopter, the PK kills 2 csm but they hold.

Kopta makes it's hit and run roll!

Next turn kopta re-assaults the rhino, blowing it up. The resulting explosion kills the kopta, kills 1 CSM forcing a leadership which they promptly fail and fall off the table.

Entire corner cleared out in one phase.

My Orks vs CSM.

3 terminators are in combat with a unit of 'ard boys (worst case scenario for me)

Nearby is a vindicator and another unit of boys.

Vindicator fires, scatters, hitting ONLY his terminators. All invul saves fail.

Next turn regular boys assault and kill vindicator.

That was the turning point in the game.
    Last edited by Duke; 12-18-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    Please visit my 40k Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Da40kOrks

I once had a game against orks against my mate alex in the bag, but got greedy.

using my scoring unit of jet bikes to shoot a truck it disappeared in a huge mushroom taking my jet-bikes with it.

to this day that truck sports a trophy glyph with my 3 jetbikes on it.

dave l

Scout

My psyker battle squad have killed more with their las-pistols and staves then with pychic powers. Its a running joke now in my local store.

The first time it happened I was fighting Orks. The army was heavy on boyz, and my psykers got out of their chimera behind a large mob trapping them between themselves and the chimera, then they cast weaken resolve to reduce their LD. After my shooting phase the Orks failed their morale test and fell back, and with no where to go were wiped out. The squad was then charged by the mega armoured warboss (last survivor after his nob squad was hit by a manticore) and managed to beat him down before he struck with his powerfist (he only had two wounds left). Despite their low weapon skill and strength. I then proceded to fail every other psycic test for them for two turns, so spent the last two turns stuck in the ruins of a building in a shoot out with grots.

Another battle and Im fighting against Tyranids. My psyker battle squad have been wittled down to two psykers and the overseer, but are still fighting the hordes amassed before them. I decide to unleash a str 2 soul storm on a termagant brood but fail my psycic test. The overseer excercutes D3 psykers before the perils of the warp overtake them, I roll a three, so he whips out his pistol while their minds are channeling eldritch energies and blams them both between the eyes. He then looks at the horde of 'gaunts closing in and decides its all to much and blams himself too.

So i was playing Death Guard against my friends vanilla marines. I was winning kill points by 2 and he only had one squad left with one plasma gun in it, it's turn 5 and he goes last. He fires the plasma gun at the rhino. It explodes, with 6 inch range. I lost one ENTIRE UNIT of Plague marines (squad of 7 at the time) in that little blast and my havocs lose half the squad, did a leadership FAILED and fled off the board. We rolled for turn 6 but rolled a one......Worst day of my life lol

Adeptus Custodes

I once convinced my girlfriend to play a game of strip 40k*

*this may be a lie
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 12-18-2010 at 10:54 AM.
    More Necromunda please.

Librarian

I was playing an Apocalypse game at my local GW store last year. Stompas and Baneblades had been destroyed, and the gamers hopes were dashed because only 1 super heavy actually blew up, and that was a small explosion. The rest had been just wrecked.

My Zarakynel Greater Daemon Lord of Slaanesh (Gargantuan Creature) had been causing a great deal of damage to the ork boyz, when Zogrot wanders over and puts a curse on my Daemon Lord. I rolled a 6 and the now poor unfortunate Squig, which the Ork player just happened to have on him runs or in this case hobbles over to the nearest rhino to hide out the game.

I am reminded of this every time the Ork player sees me, and he asks for a rematch.
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 12-20-2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: typing mistakes

Brother-Sergeant

About a week ago, I had one of the most insane first turns ever. This time is was in my favour, but we both had a good laugh about it and started the game over.

Playing 1700pts Imperial Guard vs Eldar (Mech, Walker-spam). In ths very first turn, I was able to nuke about 1300 pts of Eldar, leaving only a Wave Serpent, some firedragons and a unit of harlequins (which were held in reserves).

Just insane.

Huge 12K per side game on Saturday, with an alliance of Choas marines, Orks, Dark Eldar and my daemons taking on the might of the Imperium, Astartes and Tau. It went very badly for the forces of evil, but not for my daemons. Whilst the forces of the Orks and Dark Eldar crumpled, and the Chaos marines faltered, my daemons, led by Scabieathrax, had a great time! There was no way of winning the day, so I set out on a personal mini objective - kill Sicarius. After 3 rounds of combat in which Sicarius and his champion withstood the crushing hammerblows of Scabiathrax, Fateweaver finally turned him into a gibbering warp spawn, much to the horror of the onlooking Tau (who were all cowering at the back like the Smurfs they are!)

Same match, the Changeling forces a Hellhound to roast the Imperial players own men. Sweet...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast