BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Wow, that is a massive minis collection. Classic BT takes me back. I remember the days of duking it out with light mech lances with my Kurita Sword of Light Panther.

Good times
    Yeah, was it a pink Panther? LOL I know someone who painted their panther mech pink.

This small collecton of 902 miniatures took over 20 years to collect.

Only 1/3 of them are painted. One column there looks like its undercoated, but it is actually a Word of Blake/ Comstar force. that is nearly all pinted.

I have about 4 of the small packing boxes of books, map sheets, etc in the garage, and another 3 boxes of novels.

My mate Martin has nearly 2000 Battletech mini's. I know this because he has catalogued them all, and I have painted nearly 1500 of them for him in the last 12 years.

Fly Lord

My good ol Panther was many things over the years (blown up, on fire, overheated, no head, at the bottom of a lake) but it was never pink. Non-standard paint schemes like that will get you exiled from the Combine.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    My good ol Panther was many things over the years (blown up, on fire, overheated, no head, at the bottom of a lake) but it was never pink. Non-standard paint schemes like that will get you exiled from the Combine.
    LOL, his was a joke mech, I think he ran it as part of an ex Draconis Merc unit based in the Magistry of Canopis., or FWl or something like that.

I forgot to put one of my mechs in the Army collecton photos. It is down in the garage (which is in a mess), and in pieces in one of my cases or boxes. It is the old Robotech 200 ton Destroids like the pic below.

It is part resin - one piece body and legs, and part Pewte - weapons and arms, and is to Battletech scale. I like using it as the April Fools prank mech - the Orca.

I have some nice photos of paint jobs I have done for my mates, and for myself. I should put some up here now and then.

Librarian

I said I should put some of the mechs I have painted over the years for myself and my Mates up here for you to look at.

What do you think of them?

Berserker mech I painted for a mate.

Jade Falcon Timber Wolf Omni-Mech

[url]http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy251/Daemonette666/Battletech%20Collection/ApolloHeliosAnvilThunderGallowGlasWraith.jpg[/url]

A selection of Inner Sphere mechs I painted for my mate.

Nice Mechs Daemonette666.

Just for those who don't know, a new Technical Readout TRO:3085 has just been released. New stuff is coming out for Battletech.

I am hoping for the 25th Anniversary edtion will come out soon.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Nice Mechs Daemonette666.

Just for those who don't know, a new Technical Readout TRO:3085 has just been released. New stuff is coming out for Battletech.

I am hoping for the 25th Anniversary edtion will come out soon.
    I got a look at a mates copy of TRO:3085. I can not wait till Heavy metal get up to date and bring out updated record sheets for it. They will have to make an update that makes most of the level 3 tech items used to level 2 so they can use the new mechs in competitions.

Some of them are really fast and hit hard, but are so fragile, and heat up too quickly. I like the use of the improved jump jets on a lot of the new mechs.

Check out a few of my home grown designs on Heavy Metal's website. I noticed one of my designs which I used someone elses mech template as a base, and then highly modified it, still has his designed by notation in it. Well I changed the speed, Armour, added Level 3 tech weapons, and a lot of level 3 tech components, so it is now a completely new design.

There are a few gamers in my area who last played Classic Battletech nearly 8 years ago, and are still trying to convert to the new rule book. I will have to organise a tournament or a campaign with them.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    I got a look at a mates copy of TRO:3085. I can not wait till Heavy metal get up to date and bring out updated record sheets for it. They will have to make an update that makes most of the level 3 tech items used to level 2 so they can use the new mechs in competitions.

Some of them are really fast and hit hard, but are so fragile, and heat up too quickly. I like the use of the improved jump jets on a lot of the new mechs.

Check out a few of my home grown designs on Heavy Metal's website. I noticed one of my designs which I used someone elses mech template as a base, and then highly modified it, still has his designed by notation in it. Well I changed the speed, Armour, added Level 3 tech weapons, and a lot of level 3 tech components, so it is now a completely new design.

There are a few gamers in my area who last played Classic Battletech nearly 8 years ago, and are still trying to convert to the new rule book. I will have to organise a tournament or a campaign with them.
    Oh I go under the name of cyberdyke on the heavy metal website.

I just try to port real-world vehicles into CBT. If you look on the wiki ([url]www.sarna.net[/url]) and search under 'Spectre" and 'Warthog (AeroSpace Fighter)' then you'll know exactly what I mean.
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Porty1119 View Post
    I just try to port real-world vehicles into CBT. If you look on the wiki ([url]www.sarna.net[/url]) and search under 'Spectre" and 'Warthog (AeroSpace Fighter)' then you'll know exactly what I mean.
    I know what you mean, the A-10 Warthoig is a dedicated ground attack aircraft, The spectre is very much like puff the magic dragon c-47 variant. All the tools for creating your own vehicles are in the book and aitcraft in the heavy metal programs. The basic rule to create your own are in the classic Battletech rules so they are practically asking you to create your own.

I have created a whole range of Omnimechs for the Minesotta Tribe / Clan Dark Tiger, who are survivors of the not-named-clan formerly Clan Wolverine. The name change is a similar thing to what Clan diamond shark did.

Chaplain

Love me some BT. Literally just dug my old rulebook and compendiums out from a box in hopes of getting some of my 40K mates into it...i'm really trying to branch out these days.
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast