BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Novamarines

Default Novamarines (and other stuff from the badab war)

I've been working on a large Novamarines army for some time now, and I thought it's about time I started a P&M log about it, so heres some pictures:

Captain Blaylock from Badab War book 1:

Thunder Hammer Terminators:

Crazy Dread with a Storm Shield:

And a Predator

So, what do people think?
    Last edited by Cvife; 01-26-2011 at 06:47 PM.

pretty nice.

only two things I dont like:

the red terminator head could use more depth (highlights and a wash with something as dark as badab black).

the predator barrel hole isnt lined up correctly. maybe take a small knive and fix that.

other than that very nice models!

Chaplain

Yeah I'd hit the red with devlin mud. Looks a bit cleaner than black.
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    pretty nice.
    the predator barrel hole isnt lined up correctly. maybe take a small knive and fix that.
    On a related note, the heavy bolters need holes drilled for their barrels too.

Brother-Captain

Aye to the comments above! But good paint job all around.

very nice. i especially like the simple bases. just the right amount of debris as not to draw attention from the mini.

like the weathering on the pred.

other than the comments above, the aquilla on the dred could be painted differently, plus the headlights on the pred, but its a very clean and nce paintjob in total!

Time for an update:

So I recently got my student loan through, so can anyone guess what the first thing I did was?

That's right, I went and got drunk, and then once I'd recovered from the hangover I decided to spend a rather large amount at forgeworld, and heres some of the stuff I bought:

Firstly, a Siege Dreadnought, basically, just like a lot of this army, I am basing it on heavily on the background from the Badab War books from forgeworld, and in the main entry for the Novamarines there was a picture of a siege dreadnought called "Ancient Herulian" so, I'm making him, following that picture to the closest detail possible. Here's some photo's of the assembled model:

Also, the first thing on my list was the new mk4 Ironclad Dreadnought, for no reason other than it's awesome:

More to come:

Next, I wanted to make some truly cool looking Tactical marines, so I ordered a pack of mk4 and mk5 armor and combined the bits with a standard Tactical Squad and some Devastator bits so that they can have some good heavy weapons, heres the first assembled squad:

and the sergeant from the second squad:

I also got a Dreadnought Drop Pod but I haven't even started that one, so no photos.

Also, I've been doing a spot of painting, Such as:

A rhino:

And finishing the Crazy Storm Shield Dreadnought:

Coursework permitting I should have another update soon.

What do people think?

Chapter-Master

nice work mate. always enjoy seeing FW models, and really looking forward to seeing how yours turn out once theyre painted. How are the FW tactical marine kits to work with?
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

The FW tactical marines are identical to the normal plastic marines to assemble except that they don't come with bolters and the torsos are in single pieces. They fit together the same a a tactical squad and are therefore completely compatible, so yeah, there a very good purchase for any space marine player.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast