BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Open Topped Transports

In 3rd ed there used to be a rule about shooting at units in open topped transports. I cannot seem to find that rule in the current rulebook (oddly it never came up prior to my first game against DE the other night.) Can anyone give me a pg number and a rule breakdown please?

1) Can I even shoot them in the first place?
    2) If I can, do they pick up a cover save from the vehicle for being an obscured target?
    3) If not, do they pick up a cover save from the vehicle moving at different speeds, like flat out?
    4) If I hit the transport with a flamer how do I determine the # of models hit? (Since you cannot represent a full squad on a Raider)
    5) If I hit the transport with a flamer it hits BOTH the troops inside it and the transport itself right?
    6) If a unit shoots from a fire point can I shoot at the model that fired from that fire point? and how would flamers interact with that rule?

Thanks

You can no longer shoot at models in an open-topped transport.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eagleboy7259 View Post
    In 3rd ed there used to be a rule about shooting at units in open topped transports. I cannot seem to find that rule in the current rulebook (oddly it never came up prior to my first game against DE the other night.) Can anyone give me a pg number and a rule breakdown please?

1) Can I even shoot them in the first place?
    2) If I can, do they pick up a cover save from the vehicle for being an obscured target?
    3) If not, do they pick up a cover save from the vehicle moving at different speeds, like flat out?
    4) If I hit the transport with a flamer how do I determine the # of models hit? (Since you cannot represent a full squad on a Raider)
    5) If I hit the transport with a flamer it hits BOTH the troops inside it and the transport itself right?
    6) If a unit shoots from a fire point can I shoot at the model that fired from that fire point? and how would flamers interact with that rule?

Thanks
    No such rule in 3rd ed. 1st ed (RT) yes. Maybe 2nd ed. Went through the entire shooting at vehicles section of the 3rd ed book and it wasn't in there at all.

1. No. You cannot shoot at embarked units. Open topped transports or otherwise.
    2,3,4. n/a. See #1.
    5. JUST the transport.
    6. No. You can only shoot back AT the vehicle.
    Last edited by chromedog; 01-05-2011 at 03:43 AM.

Librarian

BRB FAQ
    "Q: Can an embarked unit ever be the target of enemy
    shooting? (p67)
    A: No. Only the transport vehicle can be hit."

Chapter-Master

If you can't find a rule in the rulebook, even after thoroughly searching for it, it probably isn't there anymore, if it ever was.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.