BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Check the GW website hes called Belakor
    Come all you Xeno scum and fallen heretics! Come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!

Veteran-Sergeant

GW often display things a long time in advance-in the 40k rulebook if you look at the battlefields section there is the plastic bastion and defence lines which came out a year later. So it wouldn't surprise me if we have to wait. Either way I still want to convert one for Angron who is shown (as a picture and short story) in the August 2008 issue of white dwarf.

Brother-Sergeant

Well, Herald said we've seen the plastic PBs and Horrors before, I just don't know where. And Belakor has nothing to do with the new DP.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by j-orge-287 View Post
    GW often display things a long time in advance
    QFT

I just noticed the other day that the big pic on the back of the new IG codex blatantly displays the new battlescape. How many months was that codex out before we ever got a hint that the battlescpape was coming?

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by oni View Post
    QFT

I just noticed the other day that the big pic on the back of the new IG codex blatantly displays the new battlescape. How many months was that codex out before we ever got a hint that the battlescpape was coming?
    That's nothing. Look in the 5th edition rulebook and check out the section on buildings. You can clearly see Planetstrike Bastions and such, meaning they've been sitting on Planetstrike terrain for ages. God knows how long they've had the plastic Daemon Prince ready to go.

Veteran-Sergeant

I've been waiting for that Space Marine statue that showed up in several places, with the shield and the sword. They've shown too many versions of it (bronze, stone, broken) for it to be a one-off piece.
    Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I've been waiting for that Space Marine statue that showed up in several places, with the shield and the sword. They've shown too many versions of it (bronze, stone, broken) for it to be a one-off piece.
    Those are actually "3 ups" of the model and are a pre production 3d model used to do touchups before re-scanning into the computer. Highly doubtful that they will produce that as it has been shown since 2007.

Veteran-Sergeant

Hmmmm... Are you guessing about that or do you know? My original thought was that it was a 3-up, except... a 3-up of what?

It's a complete figure in a perfect-posture, non-dynamic pose. In fact, really the only thing it could be posed for is... well, to be a statue.

If it was a single piece of scenery, I could even buy that it was pieced together from multiple 3-ups. But there are at least four seperate ones I've seen in different photos.
    Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

Scout

i've seen some fairly amazing conversions taht could be either statues OR custom models...

This is my first post here, hi all!

I wouldn't be shocked if the next wave of Daemons has been ready for a while. When you think about it, everything for new models has to be made, then marketing and sales needs to get thier stuff straightened out on top of everything else they have going on. So everything for a new kit could be done and collecting dust for months while the process gets bottlenecked someplace else. Such is business.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast