BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I like it. You can't really look at it like you would a jet. You have to look at it more like you would a helicopter or other VTOL craft, like a Blackhawk or Huey.

my main two questions....

= is that techmarine head a seperate peice?

= what manner of person is in the top turrent? is that a servitor???

Veteran-Sergeant

After looking at it on the 360 pic they have I was still not sure....

but after looking at all the bitz... I saw the Grey Knights icons in the kit so I am going to have to get at least one... *sigh* bye bye money...
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Its a dog rough job in Paint but it makes a fair bit of a difference... You'd need to detail the top deck though. Alternatively you could mount a Razorback turret up there and leave the headlights in place either side of the front hatch but I'm not convinced it would look great perched on top...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_B View Post
    Its a dog rough job in Paint but it makes a fair bit of a difference... You'd need to detail the top deck though. Alternatively you could mount a Razorback turret up there and leave the headlights in place either side of the front hatch but I'm not convinced it would look great perched on top...
    Dog rough? Nonsense, it looks great! If I ever had any reason to buy a Storm Raven (which I don't) I would probably use your MS Paint conversion as the basis for mine. +1 cookie
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Chapter-Master

I think a razorback turret would be a good solution. It's significantly smaller than that over sized turret.

Looking at it, the models looks fairly good from every angle except the one above, where it looks horrible. Even with the turret removed, the front is still too blocky while there's nothing under the wings and engines. With a dreadnought there it wouldn't look too bad, but they should have just had an extended fuselage with a dreadnought compartment. That would have looked significantly better.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Scout

I like your change removing the top turret. I would also move the missile mounts up to the top (for detail), and then move the hurricane bolters to under the wings on some sort of 360 degree mount. This would free up the side doors (which should be accessible) and give the sponsons a better firing position.

The Dark Mechanic

It's most entertaining to see all the posts on this and other forums from people who believe they can improve on what GW has done here because the model is so terrible looking to them. It's certainly not GW's best model, but I am not expecting to be more impressed by all the so-called improvements many customers seem to feel they can make to it.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 01-19-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by seaglen View Post
    my main two questions....

= is that techmarine head a seperate peice?

= what manner of person is in the top turrent? is that a servitor???

Yes, the marine head is separate. It is a standard marine build. Head, torso halves and arms.

The servitor is a head, body (1 part) and arm.

The kit is amazing as far as bits and build.

John M>

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Looking at it, the models looks fairly good from every angle except the one above, where it looks horrible. Even with the turret removed, the front is still too blocky while there's nothing under the wings and engines. With a dreadnought there it wouldn't look too bad, but they should have just had an extended fuselage with a dreadnought compartment. That would have looked significantly better.
    No doubt that would work, but that's making the hull almost 50% bigger, which would require another whole sprue, increasing the price even more. I think it's ugly, but in a Space Marine way, which is not a bad thing. I'm also amazed they got such a huge model on so few sprues. This requires a lot of compramise and they did a damn good job considering the constraints.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast