BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant
    IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL. Nah, only kidding. England.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    id reckon 2MM for a regular bolter thats the width i used for my smurf sniper/vet

(^shameless self promotion)
    -fuzz
    dude, no way is that thing 2mm. I bought about 5 30cm plasticard 2mm rods, and they were the width of the bolter barrel. I've spent £4 of my money on that, and they're not the right size. Thanks. I'm off to buy some 3.5mm ones.
    Last edited by shrike; 01-22-2011 at 06:00 AM.

Chapter-Master

oops sorry i wasnt too sure about the width as i bought a mixed bag.

p.s. all plasticard rod is useful: rivits, shells, details , ect, ect.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Occuli Imperator

after watching Ultramarines all I can say is that even a silenced Bolter is still probably pretty loud.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

First-Captain

Marines use silence bolters??? Well at least Black Templars arnt cowedly enough to do that, I mean if you need to kill someone quietly, chuck the bolter at them.
    If inquisitor has taught me anything is that a thrown bolter does loads more damage than a shot.

Or just crush them with the marines superior strength.
    For the Greater good.

Brother-Sergeant

I forgive you, but in future, say "I think...". I'd have bought it anyway, but I wouldn't of gotten mad if you'd have told me that.
    I'll keep them anyway, you never know...
    and 3mm ones will be bought soon...after I buy...some assault marines...and a stormraven...and some shoulder pads...so a while away yet.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Marines use silence bolters???
    well, in the fluff they use gas-propelled bolters, basically silent, but this looks better on the model.

Scout

Marines use silence bolters??? Well at least Black Templars arnt cowedly enough to do that, I mean if you need to kill someone quietly, chuck the bolter at them.
    If inquisitor has taught me anything is that a thrown bolter does loads more damage than a shot.

Or just crush them with the marines superior strength.
    I wouldn't consider anyone using a silencer to be cowardly, thats being smart if anything. And its all about tactics. Black Templars are on the other end of the tactics spectrum than Raven Guard are.

Good luck with your silenced bolters. I would actually like to see some pics of those when finished!

Lord Korven

First-Captain

Theres no need for silenced bolters tho, and besides when u drop pod assault silence is a bit out

but I hope they come out well.
    For the Greater good.

Veteran-Sergeant

Combat knife?

Veteran-Sergeant

Good looking smurf, I like the drum mag especially.

As far as the silencer talk goes, it would actually be an extended barrel for increased pressure and accuracy since it's the bolt rounds that are actually silenced. Touched on a little in a couple of other posts in the thread, but...

Stalker Silenced Shells are rounds with low sound signatures, meant for covert fighting and used in conjunction with an M40 targeting system and an extended barrel on a bolter to produce a sniping weapon system. A solidified mercury slug replaces the mass-reactive warhead for lethality at sub-sonic projectile speed. A gas cartridge also replaces both the propellant base and main charge for silent firing.
    Stalker pattern bolter is a little bit of a misnomer when used in the codex under Telion's entry, since it's actually just a long barreled bolter firing Stalker pattern rounds. The question is whether or not the gas propellant functions by merely expanding throughout the firing chamber, or if it's ignited as well in which case you the barrel would likely be a flash suppressor as well, though still not require a sound baffle since it still shouldn't be any louder then a paintball gun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast