BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Ard Boyz!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    why wont scratch built work
    hah! because the rules specifically state that only GW models, unless there isn't a model for the subject in questions or conversions have to be at least 50% GW.

Chapter-Master

Luckily my Storm Raven is made of a Valkyrie and some plasticard.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Luckily my Storm Raven is made of a Valkyrie and some plasticard.
    yeah, when I made my stormraven, I designed it from a valkyrie and cities of death, so it is ~80% GW parts.

First-Captain

wow a tournament that doesnt allow people to hobby with their army, well im glad im british, as ill be scratch building my BT drop pods, to make them look slightly more like they would actually work. and to be cheep
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

wow a tournament that doesnt allow people to hobby with their army, well im glad im british, as ill be scratch building my BT drop pods, to make them look slightly more like they would actually work. and to be cheep
    'Ard Boyz isn't about strategy or painted armies... it is about getting every kid on the block to use a 2500 point force of GW product!

Veteran-Sergeant

According to what my FLGS owner told me, the Fantasy and 40k 'Ard Boyz tournament dates are switched from last year. Fantasy prelims will be in mid April and 40k not until July/August.

Chapter-Master

I've never actually played a tournament where scratch builds or counts-as were allowed. They've all been strictly wysiwyg - even the less serious ones.

Supposedly the 'ard boyz is more about GW figuring out how broken their game can be made.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I've never actually played a tournament where scratch builds or counts-as were allowed. They've all been strictly wysiwyg - even the less serious ones.

Supposedly the 'ard boyz is more about GW figuring out how broken their game can be made.
    nah, it is about getting people to buy 2500 points! That's a lot of product!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12