BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

The Sisters fluff IS the Age of Apostasy's fluff. The only other time it's mentioned is with the Black Templars, which only supports my claim. The Custodes didn't participate-- indeed, it was a surprise when the head of the Custodes actually contacted Alicia Dominica and brought her in front of the Emperor (whom gave her a vision that led to her slaying Vandire and creating the Sisters of Battle), and the Arbites had abandoned Vandire. Vandire was, in the Sisters' fluff, basically in an abandoned, empty command room because nobody but the Sisters remained, when he was cut in half by her power sword.
    Last edited by Melissia; 04-28-2010 at 12:00 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

i'll be happy as an ork pillaging your worlds/areas while you figure the SM thing out :P

"We'z da boyz, 'nd we'z gotz uss a WAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!"

Librarian

"Back in Rogue Trader era, the Sisters of Battle hunted down any chapter that was proving to be disloyal . They destroyed entire Space Marine chapters."

did they change the fluff around? cause through out the Space wolf books(codexs,etc..) they are always up in arms against the Ecclesiarchy, even at one time crippling a couple of their ships for getting to close to their planet. not to mention that like the dark angels (ironicly) they protect their interests with extreme prejudice (ie, deadly force)
    Last edited by Mr.Pickelz; 05-19-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: adding in a quote

Abbess Sanctorum

As I said, Rogue Trader era. IE, effectively first edition . We're currently in fifth edition . Hell most of the basic canon for the various factions wasn't developed in full until second or third edition.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    The Sisters fluff IS the Age of Apostasy's fluff. The only other time it's mentioned is with the Black Templars, which only supports my claim. The Custodes didn't participate-- indeed, it was a surprise when the head of the Custodes actually contacted Alicia Dominica and brought her in front of the Emperor (whom gave her a vision that led to her slaying Vandire and creating the Sisters of Battle), and the Arbites had abandoned Vandire. Vandire was, in the Sisters' fluff, basically in an abandoned, empty command room because nobody but the Sisters remained, when he was cut in half by her power sword.
    You can't put your own theories forwards wrapped in official 40k fluff, or at least you shouldn't. The Chief Custodian took her in front of the Emperor but no one knows what occurred until Alicia slew Vandire.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
    You can't put your own theories forwards wrapped in official 40k fluff, or at least you shouldn't. The Chief Custodian took her in front of the Emperor but no one knows what occurred until Alicia slew Vandire.
    I'm not making it up. Actually, the fluff specifically says that she received visions from the Emperor Himself, and those visions are reflected in the names and iconography of the first four Major Orders; the Order of the Ebon Chalice, the Order of the Valorous Heart, the Order of the Fiery Heart, and Order of the Argent Shroud.
    Last edited by Melissia; 05-19-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    I'm not making it up. Actually, the fluff specifically says that she received visions from the Emperor Himself, and those visions are reflected in the names and iconography of the first four Major Orders; the Order of the Ebon Chalice, the Order of the Valorous Heart, the Order of the Fiery Heart, and Order of the Argent Shroud.
    Where does it say it, because I know it's not in the Codex...

Abbess Sanctorum

White Dwarf 293 I think, but it's been a long while since I actually took a long, dedicated read through the source material so they kinda blend together to me.

However, I very distinctly remember a piece of fluff using that line to explain the names of the first four Major Orders, and their iconography- especially the Ebon Chalice.

Too flippin' expensive, sorry. I want my money to go towards something LASTING! (yes Valks are expensive, but do they vanish when you stop paying for them?)
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

I think it would be awesome if you were to play as a an Imperial guard sergeant in command of a few guardsmen. As you level up you can command more or give them upgrades like special weapons and better armor and grenades and bionic implants and other cool stuff.

That way a space marine player versus a squad of guardsmen would be equal. There are so many possibilities with this scenario and it would look right having more guardsmen than marines, cause you know there will be a ton of marine players.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast