BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Warhammer Expansion on the way

From Harry and BramGaunt on [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291675"]Warseer[/URL], reliable sources for the most part:
    Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt
    I heard that midsummer will feature a Warhammerexpansion wit ha ton of new miniatures for several different armies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    There is a 'Warhammerexpansion' in the summer. But I think "ha ton of new miniatures for several armies" might be over cooking it a bit.
    BramGaunt went on to say its not Warhammer Forge as some people were claiming.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Intriguing, I will most certainly be eager to hear more about this expansion.

Chapter-Master

This a new trend out of GW? Releasing "add-ons" to the standard game during the summer, with models for all instead of just one codex? What with spearhead and the "summer of fliers" (hope that gets a better name soon) for 40k, now this for fantasy?

If it is i'm a fan cos it means armies that won't see an update for an age get some love to last them the year before they get redone....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Hmmm, interesting stuff, with both Warhammer Forge and potentially a new expansion it's shaping up to be a good year (again) for Fantasy.

A little more from BramGaunt:

Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt View Post
    I would, but a few things hinder me.

1st: There's at least 1 fantasy release ahead of this one, and that's OnG (and, if my sources are right this time, Tombkings in may, though I have my doubts), and I find it unfair to pull attention away from these, because they deserve it (both, if my source is correct)

2nd: I don't know jack =D Only that it is supposed to come thy 6th or 7th month of the year 2011 aD, and that we can expect several sets of plastic miniatures. That's about it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I had heard TK before September. If that's May, great. If not, so be it. I've been waiting years for it. A few more months won't kill me (again?).

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    A little more from BramGaunt:
    I like how the rumour guys tend to phrase their answers like Nostradamus.

Keeps 'em from getting sued. Ask Chapterhouse about it sometime...

Battle-Brother

I'll believe this when I see it. Do a search on Warseer and you'll find lots of people saying that there were going to be be campaign releases (such as the multi-army cavalry wave) for WFB in the summer for the past few years.

Well, you should take that approach with all rumours, its not happening until GW say it is. But you can take the skepticism too far, like the people who said Dark Eldar were not getting an update as late as GDUK last year. Fact is we have several reliable rumourmongers saying this is happening, ditto the flyers expansion for 40k. Things change but at this point I'd say it is likely as not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast