BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Where did Sicarius go! "a Ultramarines thread"

Hi People new here and all that but been following bols for a while

"SPOILERS MAY FOLLOW"

Cannot find this discussed in any detail "sorry if it has been and i am treading old ground"

My question is quite simple where did Sicarius go? i have recently seen the Ultramarines movie and it strikes me as odd, no extremely odd! that dan abbnett, who i assume is up-to-date with 40k fluff would put a unheard of captain in charge of the Ultramarines 2nd company knowing that Sicarius is the current captain.

Any Comments, Suggestions for the reason and explanation behind this strange departure from fluff.
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 02-13-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Adeptus Custodes

Without wantig to give anything away- watch the entire film and it'll become pretty clear.
    More Necromunda please.

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Without wantig to give anything away- watch the entire film and it'll become pretty clear.
    Wait what now? Do I need to pay attention to their names or is there something after the credits?
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Veteran-Sergeant

In all likelihood, the writer likely focused on a predecessor to Sicarius- There is no Ultima Squad in the current fluff for the 2nd company anyway. Through 10000 years of history, it's now (I guess) canonical that at some point in time, there was a Captain Severus who led a squad of new recruits in a formation known as "ultima" squad. Succeeded by any number of captains before Sicarius.

Just because it's a 40k movie, doesn't mean it has to be based in the 41st millennium (i.e. anywhere from 30k-40k).

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight15624 View Post
    In all likelihood, the writer likely focused on a predecessor to Sicarius- There is no Ultima Squad in the current fluff for the 2nd company anyway. Through 10000 years of history, it's now (I guess) canonical that at some point in time, there was a Captain Severus who led a squad of new recruits in a formation known as "ultima" squad. Succeeded by any number of captains before Sicarius.
    I dont think so the movie must be set after the ultramarines first encountered Tyranids "check the awsome stained glass window" in the previous codex captain ageman was leader of the 2nd company until he was made captain of the 1st company and sicarius took on the role of captain of the 2nd company so the events in the movie must be later in the 40k timeline at a point where sicarius is no longer captain of the 2nd company.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Please give something away. I must be missing it too.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Please give something away. I must be missing it too.
    From my understanding (i haven't seen it, just heard the story) the captain of the 2nd company....becomes somewhat inconvenienced and would find it hard to lead the company by the end of the film. Ergo he may be replaced....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

The Dark Mechanic

Seriously? First off, they are not going to kill off a major character from the background lore for the movie, so there's one reason. Second, it's the 41st Millennium, and without a specific year in that 1000 year period it leaves a lot of room for flexible time frame, making the creation of new characters easily possible. That's called, "creative license". Finally, GW and their affiliated partners constantly underestimate how much time some in their fan base spend thinking about this stuff. This question reminds me of the "what was the lock combination on episode" such-and-such in that old Saturday Night Live sketch with William Shatner about Star Trek fans. Amazing.

"Get A Life" Sketch Transcript:
    [url]http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/86hgetalife.phtml[/url]
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 02-14-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Librarian

Lol maybe i am putting to much thought into this its beginning to give me a headache i think its time for me to go and paint some WOC that should clear my head

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    From my understanding (i haven't seen it, just heard the story) the captain of the 2nd company....becomes somewhat inconvenienced and would find it hard to lead the company by the end of the film. Ergo he may be replaced....
    Oh... Good point. Timelines and all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast