BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by SierraFiveOne View Post
    Well I still haven't received my copy that I ordered in early December (customer service is slooooooowwww), but I did manage to see it through other methods.

I wasn't very impressed. I found myself having to justify why certain parts looked off (which is almost always a bad thing) and found the whole experience to be sort of "meh".

I am curious as to how the graphic novel that it comes with looks. Any opinions?
    Not seen the graphic novel but it explains why there is a party made up of a captain, apothecary and a bunch of newly promoted recruits.

Problem with that is a lot of the context in the story is lost on those who have not read the book so have less of an idea what is going on. Same thing happened with Star Trek. Having read Countdown prior to seeing it I enjoyed much better than if I had just been thrown into it blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellowshade View Post
    Not seen the graphic novel but it explains why there is a party made up of a captain, apothecary and a bunch of newly promoted recruits.
    Sorry I find this as a bogus excuse. I am suppose to read some graphic novel before watching a movie for something to be explained? All this tells me is that Codex doesn't know how to tell a story in thier movie.

When you make a movie you should never EVER have to go somewhere else to understand. To make a good movie it should all be explained in the movie you are watching. I hated in Star Wars Episode II they don't explain who Master Siphus (who ever ordered the clones 10 years prior) is. I still don't know who or why they were ordered.
    Problem with that is a lot of the context in the story is lost on those who have not read the book so have less of an idea what is going on. Same thing happened with Star Trek. Having read Countdown prior to seeing it I enjoyed much better than if I had just been thrown into it blind.
    What Star Trek movie are you talking about and what is Countdown? Never herd of it.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Veteran-Sergeant

I honestly found the comic book to be rather dull and lifeless, and not really contributing much to the overall plot of the movie. Even if it did, I would agree with the previous post that it's a weak cop out to not actually animating a whole other scene that explains it.

I find the movie itself entertaining- I finally get to see my boys in blue running around, shooting, walking (maybe a little too much), and dying. The crozius was funky, though.

Chaplain

This is amusing!

Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

'Obverse crest' haw, its transverse not obverse. Obverse is technical term for the 'heads' side of a coin, amongst other things. Aside from that, generalyl fairly accurate but I'm putting it up there with 'tv tropes' as annoying and unecessary over-analytical.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Is Curis the best cartoonist to ever do a parody of Games Workshop material? I submit that it is probable.

Default Decent

Overall, a good first start to 40k movies (as long as they learn from there mistakes). The walking was defiantly the most ridiculous part though; I sort of understand that they were trying to portray how Space Marines move, but they could have been using that time spent animating the movements to much better use.

Again, and I'll keep my hopes up, a good start to what will hopefully be the harbinger of good 40k movies

EDIT: also found these (quite good) 40k shorts
    Part2
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOSsm7DTjMw[/url]
    Part1
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0AiS8OPOL0[/url]
    Last edited by Kewlmon; 02-15-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516