BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I get what you are saying but consider the following two situations:

If you use JoTWW which is a psychic shooting attack and select a target (as you must do according to the FAQ) that is outside of 24", does the power automatically misses intervening models?

If I have another model with a pistol in the squad which is firing their flamers, and the pistol is in range to the tank or whatever, but the flamers are not, can I fire the flamers at an intervening squad?

The target of Jaws is the first model it hits, so the situation you describe doesn't really work. If you did have to nominate a target, then yes, if the target was out of range then no closer models would be hit.

For the second situation, then yes, the Flamer misses. It's the only way a Template weapon can miss, I think.

I still disagree because the method outlined for checking ranges with weapons doesn't tell you how to do it for template weapons (or even Blast weapons). So we must use the special description of blast and template weapons. furthermore, even if we were to use the logical way of testing a template range and put the template down, the template is already in place and hitting models.

You bring up good points, and if someone tries to do this to me again in a tournament setting, I will probably use your arguments to appeal a judge; but at this point I don't think you or I (who are the only people still reading this) will convince the other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    You have a valid point with your way of thinking, but you're ignoring the concept of adstraction (How do your guys get out of the valkyrie if it's so high up?).
    I am pretty sure they have invented rope by the 41st millenium.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintraina View Post
    You bring up good points, and if someone tries to do this to me again in a tournament setting, I will probably use your arguments to appeal a judge; but at this point I don't think you or I (who are the only people still reading this) will convince the other person.
    You... are the person I'm trying to convince.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger! View Post
    I am pretty sure they have invented rope by the 41st millenium.
    So if you shot it with a flamer the ropes would burn and then the untis would not be able to embark or disembark.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456