BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Sergeant

There's a product in the Citadel paint line called 'Ard Coat. It's basically a clear gloss varnish that you can paint on to a surface that makes it look like crystal or glass. I use it for the Gems on Eldar models and Tyranid mouths/wet-icky parts. It works great, and is easy to use. You might check it out. Any other gloss varnish should work too.
    Even the Emperor and Horus have rolled 1's.

Librarian

I am very glad I started this threat, you have all given me some really awesome ideas for everything, thank you all so much. I really can't wait to get started, but I need to get a few more tools before I can get started, and also need to pick up some green stuff and a few more paints.

Lets seen, I have a green for crystals, I need a good red and orange for the magma skin. I also will need a variety of other colours for the other crystals, for variety sake. I need green stuff, and a few more tools.

I also need some foam for what I am going to do for my tervigon, I plan to take after a certain one that I had seen.

[url]http://bloodofkittens.com/chaosgerbil/2010/02/08/more-tervigon-pics/[/url]

That is the inspiration I wanted to use for my tervigon, though I would put my own crystalline theme to the whole thing. I would need some insulators foam and a lot of green stuff to pull it off. For the carapace on that one I was thinking instead of just making my own carapace for the "womb" I wanted to take those excess carapace pieces that come with a carnifex, and just layer them all across the back of the "womb" which would create an interesting interlocked chitin effect.

What do you all think?

Librarian

Posting a little progress.

[url]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25867&id=100001728162489&l=266d00cba c[/url]

So far the one is painted red on the skin, though it was made purposefully dark, I will be later dry-brushing on brighter red, dark and bright orange, and a bright yellow to make it look like magma. I hope it works out well and I would love to take any advice, though I am only painting the Hormagaunts for now, I will move on to other things later.

Also saw something on blue table painting for a Tfex that is really giving me inspiration for when I make mine.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyOfnOfUvec&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/url]

Kinda like a pyrovore on crack, what do you all think though?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123