BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Inquisition Assassins

I am just curious whether anyone knows of any nice bits of fluff about the assassin
    clades (I think that's what they are called.)

I am curious whether anyone knows what happened to the Veneum clade that is in
    the Horus Heresy book Nemesis as well as the clade that specializes in information
    for it's kills?

With the grey knight codex on it's way, with the cough* possibility of having the assassin clades
    featured I just wanted to get some discussion going about some of the non-power armor clad
    warriors in the codex.

They're still around, they just don't have field operatives that can take part in battles. They were both mentioned in 3rd edition Codex: Assassins.

And no, only Culexus, Callidus, Eversor and Vindicare in C: GK.
    ‘I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor.’

Chaplain

The four mentioned above aren't powered armoured their generally a one hit wonder unit like the callidus or everser, pop in do their bit then get hate nuked or in the eversers case, self-nuke. The Culexus is great but rarely lives very long (2 turns is often the magic number) and the Vindicare is just crappy for a wicked sniper wounding with him is harder than you think. The Death Cult are fantastic thou I love them, fluff wise I don't know any books aside from nemesis that included them but I could very well be wrong haven't read many of the books and the codices don't give much on them either, the Necron one does have an interesting blarb about how the Eldar cannot destroy the Culexus Temple of suffer destruction of a craftworld a little Farseer has a mind fart about this and gets angers but they leaves the culexus alone.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

There is a little bit more info on assassins in the Dark Heresy book line... I think Ascension has info on Vindicare... That might be a good place to look

I may or may not have looked at the codex that must not be named. I like the idea of the vindicare and it's rules especially after reading Nemesis. I may start a small Grey Knights/Inquisition army just so I can field one. The rules I may have read for him didn't look that bad, but I am not an expert so I should really shut up about that.

Veteran-Sergeant

the gray knights omnibus has death cult assassins , but I'm not sure which of the three books it's actually in. Just read the whole omnibus.
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Scourge the Heretic and Innocence Proves Nothing have a character that is a Death Cult Assassin. She's also a follower of the Redemption. You might want to try those two books as well.
    92 Golf: Death From Within
    Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.

Vindicare right now is pretty weak, but rumours about new GK codex says that he'll be really nice.

Also Death Cult Assassins are not a part of Officio Assassinorum afaik.
    ‘I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor.’