BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by PedroKantor View Post
    surprised no one said this yet... as far as SM extra bitz go...
    nunchucks...
    are you kidding me?
    haven't you heard? ever since the space marines started watching Bruce Lee movies, they want to be just like him! then maybe one day they too can take down hordes of enemies all by themselves
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Battle-Brother

Short and simple: Everything sculpted by Gary Morley

Chaplain

I never really liked the tau battlesuits....

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    I thought they were nunchucks, then I looked closer...they've got this weird little worried jink running up one side of each stick...I think they're supposed to be rolled scrolls or parchment pieces.

But yeah, they do look like nunchucks...
    All this time... that does make much more sense... woops!!!!
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by entendre_entendre View Post
    haven't you heard? ever since the space marines started watching Bruce Lee movies, they want to be just like him! then maybe one day they too can take down hordes of enemies all by themselves
    Will they be badly dubbed?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Will they be badly dubbed?
    well that depends on whether the chapter speaks imperial gothic...
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Im most certainly not a big fan of the football pad Cadians. They really could use a few new poses (easily achieved by adding a few of the dudes from the heavy weapons kit), and generally look less like NFL players. Long live the Steel Legion guardsmen. Even though they're metal and have limited poses... I love greatcoated Guard.

Brother-Sergeant

the new zoenthropes(sp?) they look odd. a squiggile with a carapace head?

the humanoid one with the big brain heads make more sence to how the beast is written. ( i don't own a 'nid force but bought a couple of the old ones when i saw they were replaced, might get bugs one day.)

the squid head for the Keeper of Secrets

the metal possessed were probably the biggest pooper that was released by far though. (box with the big horn dude)

havent yet seen the new plastic possessed in hand (just made my own), but the pics look far better.
    Last edited by ChrisW; 08-31-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    -Chris
    tied more games than i've won and still have fun every time i lose.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    I'll get the ball rolling.

1) I like the Leman Russ, but the Battle Canon strikes me as silly. It is sophomorically big. How could a loader even lift a shell designed for that thing? I cut 'em off and scratch-build more reasonably-sized barrels.

2) Space Marine Powerfists look ok on terminators, but on regular marines they look too big and leave the model unbalanced. Battle brothers with Powerfists look like Hermit Crabs with one giant hand. The IG Powerfist is more reasonable, it looks about the same size as Hellboy's similar weapon. I love the Powerfist in combat, but hate the look so much that I don't use them.

That is my two cents.[/QUOTE]

I've always felt that the reason the powerfist is so large is because it is no longer really a power weapon. Sure, it's still got batteries and blinky lights and all, but in reality it's just a three hundred pound chunk of metal. The pure weight and mass of the powerfist is what causes all the damage, (just try surviving a 300 lb club to the head,) and is also what slows the powerfist down.

Abbess Sanctorum

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat30047&prodId=prod111015 3[/url]

"Witch Hunter Henchmen Dialogus"

It makes me shudder just looking at it. Ugliest model GW has ever produced, I could probably carve something better than that.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast