BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Assault Rules

Scout

ha! No plans for 22 more pages of posts.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by junkmonkey View Post
    ha! No plans for 22 more pages of posts.
    Oh you never know, you might get sucked in like i did!

ttfn
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chapter-Master

and you left out, may not assaulting models you are not assaulting. You are not assaulting a second unit until you have fulfilled a the 'moving assaulting models rules'.

Here's the thing, it says you 'may find it possible'. That does not mean 'you can do it!'. All it says that enemy models from a second unit may be in range. However, the qualifier is the 'moving assaulting models' rules. And the moving assaulting models rules do not allow to assault models you are not assaulting. You cannot assault a second unit until you have moved in sequence and fulfilled the 'moving assaulting models' rules.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 03-11-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Librarian

If your not assaulting the second unit then you could never multi assault, you move one model into base to base contact with a model from an enemy unit. The rules then state you must contact as many enemy models as possible with the multiple assault rules saying these models can be from another unit.

During this process you must maintain coherency and assault as many models as possible.

I think that is the simplest way you could explain the assault rules.

Chapter-Master

no, the multi-assault rules state to follow the 'moving assaulting models' rules. You must fulfill the requirements before you can assault a second unit. Until then, the only unit you are 'assaulting' is the one that you have declared against. Once a model can only maintain coherency (thus fulfilling all requirements for 'moving assaulting models', it may then engage a second (or more) units.

Scout

The problem is, you keep treating the multi assault rules as if they are a phase of the assault rules.

They are not. There is not an assault phase and a multi assault phase.

The first two sentences of the muti section make it clear that all it's exceptions are in effect during the entire assault phase.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    no, the multi-assault rules state to follow the 'moving assaulting models' rules. You must fulfill the requirements before you can assault a second unit. Until then, the only unit you are 'assaulting' is the one that you have declared against. Once a model can only maintain coherency (thus fulfilling all requirements for 'moving assaulting models', it may then engage a second (or more) units.
    Yes and from the second "stage" as you call it, of the assault rules states you can assault enemy models and its after the first stage that the multiple assault rules take place. The fact that the rules even state this but you deny it is mind boggling.

Chapter-Master

I am not denying that it states you may assault a second unit. However, the rules explicitly state to follow the 'moving assaulting models' rules. The rules for 'moving assaulting models' specifically state you cannot assault anything you are not currently assaulting. The only way for a model to assault a second unit is for them to have fulfilled all the 'moving assaulting models' requirement (ie, can only maintain coherency). Once that has been accomplished, the model may assault a second unit (or third). Once again, you continue to move your models in sequence, and when you can only maintain coherency, you may assault a further unit.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 03-13-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    The rules for 'moving assaulting models' specifically state you cannot assault anything you are not currently assaulting. The only way for a model to assault a second unit is for them to have fulfilled all the 'moving assaulting models' requirement (ie, can only maintain coherency).Once that has been accomplished, the model may assault a second unit (or third). Once again, you continue to move your models in sequence, and when you can only maintain coherency, you may assault a further unit.
    I have been searching the rules in both sections and no where do I find the rule that says I have to fulfill all the requirements first to assault another unit.

I see where it says the following ". . ., as long as they keep following the rules for moving assaulting models." It does not say after you have fulfilled moving into assault with your declared enemy unit.

So if you could just show me where it says I have to fulfilled all the requirements in plain english and not in your warp mind and I will believe you. It is that simple.

Chapter-Master

The only way to have followed a rule is to do everything the rule has stated for you to do. You are not following the rules if you only do half of what a rule says.

In this case, that means you model must follow every rule for 'moving assaulting models' before you can assault a second unit.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast