BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    The leaked dex is only about 50% accurate.

The real thing has a fair few differences...
    Lucky you, I still haven't seen the final codex.

Well that's a slight relief - now if we can dispel this BS about all daemons striking at I1 in CC against psyk-out grenades, I'm a happier Daemon player than I am now! Frankly, I'm looking forward to pummeling some Eldar with my new Grey Knights army most

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Unzuul the Lascivious View Post
    Well that's a slight relief - now if we can dispel this BS about all daemons striking at I1 in CC against psyk-out grenades, I'm a happier Daemon player than I am now! Frankly, I'm looking forward to pummeling some Eldar with my new Grey Knights army most
    Like I said, I'm pretty sure that those grenades are offensive grenades...so don't get charged.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Wow, having played a couple of games with the new GK Codex I can say that they are very powerful against Daemons. Hammerhand, Nemesis Force Halberdsm, Preferred Enemy - Daemons & PsykOut Grenades are freaky nasty against Daemons. And then there's the psybolt ammo...

haha, you know, its a funny thing all the rumors about the new GK codex.

Im half way tempted to not read it before I play against it with my Daemons.

But something says I will be using the line, "what? You can do that? I dont believe you! (faints to floor)" everytime the GK player cancels out my abilities. So it will be an interesting read in early April lol

Chapter-Master

Well that's a slight relief - now if we can dispel this BS about all daemons striking at I1 in CC against psyk-out grenades, I'm a happier Daemon player than I am now
    I don't think anyone dispelled that. I'm pretty sure it's true.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

The whole daemon deepstrike rules are so ridiculously broken it is unreal. Not being able to assault from the get-go basically means having to deep strike near or even in cover to protect your troops - not easy if you take large units. Otherwise, you get shot to pieces. They should IMO a) give some of the Assault units the ability to assault from deep strike and b) allow deep striking icons to be used for subsequent deep strikers in the same turn...

Anyhoo, what's to be done about these Grey Knights? What sort of builds are we looking at? Incidentally, I will be buying Grey Knights with a view to creating at least 4000 points of them, so hopefully I will find out their weaknesses fairly quickly!
    No, there should never be a unit that can assault from deep strike, reason being is that assaulting units tend to wipe out whatever they assaulted the turn they do it, so it would effectively mean you would always be guaranteed to get your points out of every unit because you would always place it next to something valuable and instantly kill it. Sure not being able to assault from DS can seem weak at times but being able to do it would be broken.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke View Post
    No, there should never be a unit that can assault from deep strike, reason being is that assaulting units tend to wipe out whatever they assaulted the turn they do it, so it would effectively mean you would always be guaranteed to get your points out of every unit because you would always place it next to something valuable and instantly kill it. Sure not being able to assault from DS can seem weak at times but being able to do it would be broken.
    Vanguard Veterans can do it. But the person has a point - Daemons should at least, if unable to assault when they deep-strike, be allowed to move in the movement phase.

Or, maybe they can deploy normally the "first wave", to represent it already being there, rather than any game with Daemons the Daemons are ALWAYS JUST ARRIVING WHERE THE OPPOSING ARMY IS CONVENIENTLY PREPARED.
    Last edited by Connjurus; 03-17-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

I've tried searching for a Daemons tactica, but to no avail. Does anyone know where to find a good, comprehensive tactica article?

Not just a unit by unit coverage but issues like setting up terrain and objectives, forming your two deployment halves, etc.
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Librarian

Alrighty, I can confirm that psyk-out grenades are only offensive grenades.

Also, wtf at Draigo's fluff. That is...this is...I'd never been all that hard on Mat Ward, but WHAT THE HELL?

This seriously pisses me off to no end.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast