BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I haven't been able to beat Random Guy's list, BUT I've been able to IMPROVE it. Same amount of Challenge points, 2730 army points (10 less). However, it costs a little over 20$ LESS than Random Guy's.

I won't post it, because that would be hijacking, and I don't want to say how to do it yet to not give Random Guy an ever higher advantage. :P

EDIT: And DAMN I almost tied with Random Guy, but I need 50 cents.

EDIT 2: Whatever, I'm doomed. This list will be shot down and/or FAQed away, but what can I say? I need those 50 cents.

2x 5 Cadians - 16.50
    3x Techmarine - 45
    Draigo - 22.25
    GK Terminators - 50
    5x Grey Knights - 165
    TOTAL 298.75

HQ
    Draigo - 275
    GK Grand Master w/ Rad Grenades, Orbital Strike Relay, Warding Stave, Psycannon - 320

ELITES
    Techmarine w/ Orbital Strike Relay, Conversion Beamer, Warding Stave, Psychotroke grenades - 160
    Techmarine w/ Orbital Strike Relay, Conversion Beamer, Warding Stave, Psychotroke grenades - 160

TROOPS
    5 WH Inquisitorial Storm Troopers w/ Veteran, Master-Crafted Eviscerator, Rosarius - 125
    5 WH Inquisitorial Storm Troopers w/ Veteran, Master-Crafted Eviscerator, Rosarius - 125
    Paladin (Apothecary) w/ Master-Crafted Warding Stave, Psybolt Ammo - 175

FAST ATTACK
    5 Interceptors w/ Incinerator, Warding Stave, Psybolt Ammo, Daemonhammer - 205

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Purgation Squad w/ Warding Stave, 3 Psycannons - 185
    Purgation Squad w/ Warding Stave, 3 Psycannons - 185

TOTAL 3010

*30 for 3010 Points
    *5 for all FoC types
    *20 for extra units
    *2 for 6+ ranged anti-tank
    *1 for named characters

The Terminators are turned into 4 Paladins and a Grand Master. None of those have official minis, and GK Terminators are the closest thing you can get... right?
    Last edited by Lemt; 03-31-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    I haven't been able to beat Random Guy's list, BUT I've been able to IMPROVE it. Same amount of Challenge points, 2730 army points (10 less). However, it costs a little over 20$ LESS than Random Guy's.

I won't post it, because that would be hijacking, and I don't want to say how to do it yet to not give Random Guy an ever higher advantage. :P

EDIT: And DAMN I almost tied with Random Guy, but I need 50 cents.
    Okay you have spured me onto creating an even more broken and difficult to beat list. However I do feel that this doesn't really sit well with the spirit of the competition. The list I put up earlier, you could ligitimatly with no converting build that, this makes assumptions that you are converting nearly every option which doesn't exist. So for this reason regardless of whether it's legal under the competition rules I am NOT putting this list up for consideration. It's more here to prove that if you bend the rules as much as possible you can do some really silly things, and also to stop anyone else from typing this up.

List of models needed:

Logan
    Ragnar
    Nijal
    Lucas
    Rune Priest
    Devestator Box
    Thunderwolf Cavalry
    3x Wolf Pack
    2x Snap fit marine sets

Total Cost $301.75

List-
    Logan, Ragnar, Nijal (760)

Rune Priest (220)
    Master of Runes, Plasma Pistol, Runic Armour, Saga of the Warrior Born

3x Lone Wolf (3x85=255)
    Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Melta Bombs

5x 5 Wolf Guard (5x190=950)
    4 Thunder Hammers

5 Blood Claws (265)
    Lucas, Plasma Gun, Plasma Pistol, Power Fist

3x Thunderwolf Cavalry (3x115=445)
    Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Melta Bombs

2x 3 Long Fangs (145x2=290)
    2x Lascannons, 2x Power Fist

3 Long Fangs (115)
    2x Missile Launchers, 2x Power Fist

Total Points 3300

That means in total I'm up to 63 points, which I cannot believe is beatable now, unless I've missed something really silly. But like I said at the top I hope that someone comes out an faq's this list to being impossible somehow.

Random Guy

This won't win, but I found it impressive:

Necron Battleforce x 3 = $270
    Necron Lord w/ Warsycthe & Res Orb x 2 = $30
    Total: $300

HQ:

Necron Lord w/ Warscythe, Res Orb, & Veil of Darkness 210pts

Necron Lord w/ Warscythe, Res Orb, Phase Shifter, Phylactery, & Gaze of Flame 210pts

Troops:

Necron Warriors w/ Disruption Fields x14 280pts

Fast Attack:

Destroyers x5 250pts

Destroyers x4 200pts

Scarabs w/ Disruption Pods x10 160pts

Total: 2710pts (Plus 11 superfluous scarab swarms)

Bonus Points:

2000+ = 27
    3 Battleforces = 3
    Additional HQ = 2
    Additional Troops = 8
    Additional FA = 4
    Total Bonus Points: 44
    Last edited by Sam; 04-01-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    "You look at all this gunline and think: 'I could assault with this!'"
    "D*** it, Sam! Stop counting to such high numbers!"

Chaplain

You guys are really making me jealous. In the land of OZ our battle force sets alone are $150 each. For Eldar characters are $24 aus and elites $55.00 per box for eldar anyway. Bigger models range between $65 and $85 making it impossible to field anything more than a basic 500 point army. The killer is $25 for each wraithguard unless you catch a spercial. For the conversion rate on these knock off about 5% to get the US $ equivalent. And I believe the poor Kiwi's pay even more. The trick is shopping outside of GW for discounts.

Ironically a lot of it relates to government import duties rather than just GW pricing. And that is really rude considering they don't have any equivalent industry to protect here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345