BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorsmercy View Post
    Or possibly, we think about it too much.
    Well, maybe, but that's half the fun, ain't it? If they didn't want us to think too much about it, they wouldn't have given us too much to think about, now would they?

Anyway, yeah. I think whether the Big E had it coming or not depends on your point of view. From a human point of view, yes, some of the crap he pulled is inexcusable, as is a lot of the crap he was going to pull, but from a cold and calculating Old One's point of view (i.e. His), then no, he had avery good reason for evrything he did and the ends justify the means. It's just ironic that those means ended up stopping the ends and becoming an ends unto themselves.
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

i like how the Eldar always refer to him like he's Lloyd Christmas

Personally I tihnk it is a great joke that here we have a guy that says religion is obsolete and ends up being the main thing that is worshipped by his empire.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru-119 View Post
    Personally I tihnk it is a great joke that here we have a guy that says religion is obsolete and ends up being the main thing that is worshipped by his empire.
    Dang! That sounds like it could be a classic episode of the original The Twilight Zone!

(fade from black)

EMPEROR OF MANKIND: "We have achieved Unity! We have thrown down and cast aside everything that has held humanity down throughout the centuries! At last we have ascended to embrace logic, science, reason. The old gods are no more! My fellow men, put away your faith in things unseen! I, your Emperor, have ended humanity's enslavement to religion now and for ALL TIME!"

(sideways cut to Rod Serling, lit cigarette in hand)

ROD SERLING: "The time: Thirty Thousand A.D. The place: a planet once called Earth, now known only as Terra. This man calls himself the Emperor of Mankind. He has just conquered the entire world with a vast army, and has claimed to have done nothing less than to have killed God. But our Emperor is soon to discover that nature abhors a vacuum. Human nature even more so. A hard lesson that will be learned here and now... in the Twilight Zone."

(fast forward 23 minutes later, and we see the Emperor enslaved to the Golden Throne, now worshiped as a god himself)

ROD SERLING: "Submitted for your approval: the Emperor of Mankind..."

Veteran-Sergeant

Who made him the Emperor in the first place?

Leaving it all to the Warmaster while he sits on his backside and takes all the credit.

^ a couple of Shaman who saw the future sacrifice themselves in some sort of ritual to give birth to the empeor then again its actually concrete how.

my thought about the Emperor(most beloved) is why he couldn't tell the primarchs about the true nature of the warp and the Daemons/gods who lie within. did he honestly think the keeping them oblivious would some how cause them to be immune to whisper of chaos? Also why not make an alliance with the Eldar ?

Veteran-Sergeant

As the song goes "Hindsight is always 20/20."

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru-119 View Post
    Buddha?

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRonin View Post
    Buddha?
    lol, too true.

What I find amusing is reading about how the Emperor treated certain primarchs when he first found them. Except for Fulgrim, and maybe AlphariusOmegon, he TOTALLY screwed all those that fell to chaos. (see also: "my real daddy stabbed my fake daddy" and "No son you can't lead your army in a glorious final charge") And you wonder WHY they decide chaos is a better choice than their jerk father.

After that I blame that one Chaplain, he is an evil tool and it's all his fault. Erebus or whatever?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast