BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

I really like your Tyranids, it's nice colour scheme and they're painted well.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

I really like your color scheme on the nids, it's really striking.

Outstanding work - Do the scenic bases contribute significantly to the time it takes to do each figure? Your conversions, modeling, and poses are all very clean and quite professional... I like the color balance and the highlighting is top notch. Keep up the good work!

Battle-Brother

These look exceptional. The vibrant colors look amazing on the warriors, especially with the purple texturing on their skulls. Awesome job!

Beautiful is all I can say. Very clean, very organic, and very convincing.

Default lookin good

good almoast too good

Wow, that looks freaking awesome... I may have to paint my carnifex now.

Amazing work, i particularily like the brownish bone colour, i find too many Tyranid armies look like an explosion in a paint factory, way to keep it simple yet awesome.

Very nicely painted! I am just starting to paint my 'nids. My scheme is hawk turquoise and a flesh tone that actually looks pretty cool.

Veteran-Sergeant

First off let me say thank you very much for the positive feed back. I have been out of the hobby for about 3 years and this is my first new army I have painted in about 5 years, so its good to know that I havent lost it as it were

@ Halon: For the most part the scenic bases really dont add THAT much extra time to the building and painting this army. That being said the larger monstrous creature bases and any of the bases that have space marines on it do take a considerable amount of time. The one that took the longest was actually the Tyranid Warrior standing on the dead marine as I painted the marine as if he was his own figure and it took about 2 hours. When all said and done the gaunts take about 2 hours each and models like the Tyranid Warriors take about 4 while the MCs can take between 1-4 days (the Hive Tyrant being 4 days of working on it on and off).

@Duskstorm: Thanks! That is pretty much the main reason for this armies colour scheme. I went through about 6 different test models before I landed on the Purple and Brown (I had red/black and white, which sadly is what my Herridan is lol, and different attempts with blue etc.). I also did a lot of practice with the line work for the bone and carapace with this army. The funny thing is the only brush i use is a #3, which is actually very large (holds way more paint, which means I can paint a lot faster )

The next things to be updated are going to be my second Carnifex and another Zoanthrope
    Last edited by Ghoulio; 09-01-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast