BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

On Terminators/Purifiers, take halberds in general. You do not want to have to rely on psychic powers too much, because they can fail you or get shut down.

On GKSS/Interceptors, don't bother with more than a Hammer. Take one Hammer for every 10 power armor guys, and every 5 terminators.

If Falchions are +1A, don't bother, they're too expensive. If they're +2A, then consider them as an alternative to Halberds. They're also the only upgrade other than a Hammer that you might take on GKSS, but only if they're +2A.

Staves should be rare. Don't bother taking them in every squad, only in ones that you expect to get assaulted a lot.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I'm starting to look beyond just 1 hammer on the justicar and taking 2 on normal guys. This way you don't lose a MChammer to perils and you get 4A on the charge (between them). For only 5 pts more.

Looking further down the line I also give the Justicar a MCHalberd to take out ICs with.

Not used it yet but I see this squad being quite usefull:

Justicar MCHalberd
    2 Hammers
    2 Psycannons
    5 Swords
    Psybolts.

I either run them big or combat squad for a firebase and an assault unit / MC hunter.

Chapter-Master

That's not a bad idea, though I'd be careful about the "it's only 5 pts more". Those 5pts here and there can add up quickly sometimes.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Agreed but when you're only running 2 strike and an interceptor squad it really is barely 15 points for the options. I'm going to run this setup on a single squad first to see how it works out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12