BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: who has been had the fun/competitive removed ( multiple choice)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • ork

3 5.88%
  • GK

8 15.69%
  • Nid

19 37.25%
  • dark eldar

0 0%
  • BA

4 7.84%
  • SM

2 3.92%
  • daemons

14 27.45%
  • SW

2 3.92%
  • IG

5 9.80%
  • no one Gw make balenced/fun/fluffy dex's

15 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Out of your list, only Orks, DE and SM are fairly balanced.

Every other choice is an abomination by being gimped heavily for not being an Imperial Codex, or over powered and made stupid-proof for being an Imperial Codex, and even then SM walks that thin line with Vulcan.
    I personally think this is 40k right now. It is times ten my single biggest problem with the game currently. You are either on the imperium were you get everything and the kitchen sink, or you are xenos and your books are made up of nothing but compromises. The problem lies no in the Space Marine codex (which is one of the best Codex's to date baring some minor points tweeking) but in the successor chapters, as they are all the main book, but more powerful. It isnt a new thing of course, as the last 3 editions have been this way, but it is just getting more noticeable now because of the 7 codex's released in 5th ed, FIVE have been imperial. Really makes a guy want to play Fantasy

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    BT/DA havent really been replaced, its more for the people whom have had a codex update: and it isnt too good/fun/happy/comp

and because i havnt figured out to edit polls
    I'm just wondering why codexes as old as Orks are listed. Plus if it's about updates, why are you listing Daemons who were a first dex release?

Librarian

They're all fine, as long as you don't play try to play tournament/waac games (which the systems is not designed for)

Last night I had an awesomely close 2000pt game between my Blood Angels and my friends Chaos. Both of us took really fun and bizzare lists.

I also then witness Necrons wipe the floor with Tau. I mean really wipe it. In a 2000pt game the tau where tabled on turn 3, with the necrons loosing a few wraiths and destoryers.

I'd say that the Space Wolves have been somewhat ruined in that I have to read thread after thread after post after post *****ing about how "overpowered" they are.

I'd gladly remove/worsen Thuderwolf Calvary, Jaws of the World Wolf and Long Fangs if it would reduce the incessant whining.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    They're all fine, as long as you don't play try to play tournament/waac games (which the systems is not designed for)

Last night I had an awesomely close 2000pt game between my Blood Angels and my friends Chaos. Both of us took really fun and bizzare lists.

I also then witness Necrons wipe the floor with Tau. I mean really wipe it. In a 2000pt game the tau where tabled on turn 3, with the necrons loosing a few wraiths and destoryers.
    I don't really want to bring up this argument, but even the greenest/fluffiest player can see the huge disparity in power between let's say, Codex: Tau Empire and Codex: Imperial Guard. I'm not saying that Tau will never beat Imperial Guard. It's just an uphill battle. Even if you're not playing WAAC.

I think with 5th edition, the game is becoming more and more balanced. There are a few exceptions (Daemons are pretty unreliable. Tyranids, many consider bad. But that's mostly a metagame problem.)

So yeah, I think all the 5th edition books are okay. Some are more powerful than others, but that's mostly just natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    been there so many times. it doesn't matter if the list is 500 pt, 1000pt, 1500pt or anywhere in between.

a guy loads up with warriors, a couple tomb spyders, some wraiths and a destroyer or two and I can kiss my entire tau force goodbye in five turns.

I can't count how many games I've played where i concentrated my entire tau force on one squad and it takes three turns just to kill them off. But by then, whatever is left is so mangled they can't do anything to any other squad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234