BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Sounds like Ward is really trying for the ultimate synergistic force. You can see a lot of synergies popping up in the Grey Knight book.. almost as if he started playing warmachine while he was playing it and now with the crons coming out he went full bore.

I must say at first I didn't like the rumors. I wanted my super tough undead robots but then I stopped and thought... hrmm undead robots. Well then maybe they should make them more horde like and allowed to be brought back to life.

My biggest concern is they get the WBB rule right. Right now from current rumors it sounds very clunky and there are a lot of "what ifs" with it. I'm hoping its done right so I don't have to wait another 6 months for my crons to function properly. Either way I've decided long ago that I will become a die hard cron player once this book drops. I really enjoy the undead theme and feel and its always something I can get behind.
    www.firstranksecondrank.blogspot.com - Tips on modeling and terrain to enhance your gaming experiences!

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Everyone keeps saying "nerf, nerf, nerf" but are ignoring the huge points drop on pretty much everything.
    In my defense, I specified the statline was nerfed, so yeah. But I have no problem with the changes so far.

I got Necrons as my first army, because I like the models more than Tomb Kings. So if they become less tough and more horde-ish I think I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    That is assuming there is a point drop.
    Oddly enough, I don't think I have heard any rumour mention a points drop.
    So funny how Space Marines cost the same but they gain so much more without a point increase? Shouldn't it go both ways then?

How come Tyranids and Necrons if the rumours are true, get a point decrease but have stuff taken away. SM gets things for free without a points increase.

Oh well, it should go both ways but they don't. I can understand when people get a bit upset. Double standerd.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    So funny how Space Marines cost the same but they gain so much more without a point increase? Shouldn't it go both ways then?

How come Tyranids and Necrons if the rumours are true, get a point decrease but have stuff taken away. SM gets things for free without a points increase.

Oh well, it should go both ways but they don't. I can understand when people get a bit upset. Double standerd.
    We're not talking about 1 or 2 points here. We're talking about them falling by 1/3 of their current cost.

And how do you know they don't get free stuff on top of that?

Default the ability i hope for

I want to be able to Deep Strike with less scatter [1d6 only] or better yet, be able to assault after Deep Striking, making us the true terror of the 5th ed world. That and easily blowing up everyone's precious metal baby carriages.

Seriously. We Necrons better be able to beat face, HARD, when the new book arrives. And it better be by August. None of this Sept.-October ****e.

Initiate

Lower points for warriors and immortals will free up a lot of points for other goodies.

Iron Father

I suppose becoming a "horde" army makes sense from a hobby perspective. The warriors can be painted very simply and quickly and I am sure GW would want us to buy as many as possible. I have 40 warriors as it is and although my paint scheme is not as basic as the simple black undercoat and dry brush of chain mail I was still able to bang out these 40 in one week.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    I want to be able to Deep Strike with less scatter [1d6 only] or better yet, be able to assault after Deep Striking, making us the true terror of the 5th ed world. That and easily blowing up everyone's precious metal baby carriages.

Seriously. We Necrons better be able to beat face, HARD, when the new book arrives. And it better be by August. None of this Sept.-October ****e.
    Sory dude but no. Even demons cant do it so why necrons would?
    You want do it all?(shoot to hell and beat faces to pulp?) play marines.....nercons are weaker in CC so there is way to win against them...we call it ballance(its xeno term)
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    You want do it all?(shoot to hell and beat faces to pulp?) play marines.....nercons are weaker in CC so there is way to win against them...we call it ballance(its xeno term)
    LOL.

when crons 1st came out a few things were common..

1. They were so basic there was no variety. Your opponent could look at any unit without fear of them having any upgrades or funky sergants in there.. what you saw was literally what you got.

2. People really didnt want to play against crons that often for reason 1. It was predictable and boring after a while.

3. Most people who got into them in my local shop got out of them. I think most people who still play can say they once played crons but changed out of them due to wanting options.

I for one just hope they put some freaken spice into the army for a change so it will be fun not only to play, but for people to play against.

I still want to know the damn mechanics for Tomb Spyders.... dangit

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    my daemons can assault after Deep Striking, not sure about yours.

Flayed Ones are currently useless deep striking unless you are doing it to contest an objective. They can be 1 rounded by an IG force with friggin lasguns.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast