BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nasty anti psyker tactic...Involving psykers

I have an imperial guard army which I run with an Grey knight codex style Herecticus inquisitor (not legal I know but the Inquisition is like a spice...makes anything you add it to tastier!)
    Anyway I was tinkering with the army and came across a configuration which I tried and completely messed up my opponent (Grey knights).
    Take a ordo herecticus inquisitor with the psyocculum upgrade, null rod and maybe a condemnor boltgun, give him say 6 or so rogue psykers whack em in a transport and then basically deliver a 36" BS10 STR8 AP1 large blast. killed a paladin heavy list by screening the squad, though if he added a librarian it could have gone differently. So while not perfect (psychic hoods, runes of warding) it proved to be a nasty psychic anti psyker tactic, I thought.

Any other despicable anti psyker tactic out there? (other than runes of warding)
    Last edited by ankhcitizen; 05-09-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Chapter-Master

So your post is basically saying....i made up a list that is completly illegal and can't be played with...and its completly broken!

Runes of Warding and Crucible of Malediction are the best....and they're actually legal!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

lol you sound offended and outraged, anyway if you're not in a tourney and you're opponent doesn't mind...
    Anyway as for the broken part...how? I mean I can copy and paste that arrangement into a grey knights list.

And I know the runes of warding are terrifying but its...obvious as for the psyocculum it isn't terrifying in itself but what can be done with it, like my rogue psykers or say a couple of jokaero with plasma warrior acolytes.

BS10 shooting at psykers is nasty, so we have runes of warding (of course) and Crucible of Malediction.

Any combos and tactics that should send psykers running for the hills?

Chapter-Master

Dont mean to sound offended or outraged...maybe a little exasperated :P

Problem is a lot of the dedicated anti physker stuff is obvious...the assassins, the anti-physker attacks. Only the GK codex at present lets you build up silly combos against something so far.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

SILLY!!!! how dare you-....lol my rogue psykers are a bit of turn about way of tackling psykers considering gk have access to culexus assassins. But my guard on the other hand... I don't think Imperial guard have anything specific besides you know overwhelming force
    On another note it seems to me that grey knights may be their own worst enemy...mindstrike missiles, psyk out grenades, the psyocculum...

Librarian

.i made up a list that is completly illegal and can't be played with...and its completly broken!
    Not sure how this combo is "illegal"; the Inqisitor takes the psyker henchmen, the psyocculum gives the squad BS10 when shooting at psykers, the psykers can shoot from the Chimera's hatch, and it's 165 pts.

Yes, there's no way he can run it with IG - but if he's got opponents that are dumb enough to let him/have let him bully them into allowing it... well. That's their fault. I'll be honest ankhcitizen: I can't see those opponents staying opponents for very long (unless you're in a very likeminded group, in which case fair play to you). I'd also point out that "winning" through such combos can't really be described as winning; I doubt Fedor Emilianenko would ever brag about a victory scored over a two month old baby. Still, if it makes you happy and feel like the big man, more power to you.

Chapter-Master

Hey, I figured out this totally broken tactic: take a GKGM with grenades and a Librarian, and stick them in a Guard Blob squad with tons of power weapons and Stracken. I10, str 6 with about a bazillion attacks on the charge with enemies at -1T! It can totally kill like anything in the game!

On a completely unrelated note, we need an uber sarcasm smilie. just doesn't quite cut it sometimes.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

Guys, cut the man some slack! He's found a little fun in this great game of ours, where's the harm? The group he plays in clearly don't have an issue with mixing lists, so why should we?

I'm a 'gotta do it by the rules and the fluff' player myself, but that's just my take on the game. I love to see people enjoying the hobby, however they do it.

Good luck with the list, just don't bring it to my neighbourhood!

Cheers.

Lol the people I play with are of similiar mind, the game was a bit of fun, we pretty much allow quite a bit of leeway if we want to try out something interesting or funny like my buddy's Nurgle themed chaos SM army with plague zombies (warhammer fantasy zombies) used with tyrannid rules. Though if I ever play someone outside the group at my local GW store of course I stay legal.
    I have to say though I do miss the old allies rule...

Quote Originally Posted by henrythesecond View Post
    Guys, cut the man some slack! He's found a little fun in this great game of ours, where's the harm? The group he plays in clearly don't have an issue with mixing lists, so why should we?

I'm a 'gotta do it by the rules and the fluff' player myself, but that's just my take on the game. I love to see people enjoying the hobby, however they do it.

Good luck with the list, just don't bring it to my neighbourhood!

Cheers.
    I agree Henry, granted it's a powerful combo, but if he's allowed then so must his oppenent (for the argument of broken) + Inquistor with guard fits the fluff amazingly (as you used to be able to do it, and still can for Witchhunters)
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast