BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

just for lolzies:

1 haemonculus

20 kabalite warriors x2
    10 kabalite warriors

sure, it won't be able to deql with vehicles well, but it's a horde/troop based army's worst nightmare.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by RedWidow View Post
    HQ: Tervigon w/catalyst
    Troops: Tervigon
    Termagants (10)
    Genestealers (8)

Simple, but fun. With any luck, it will become a self perpetuating swarm of little shooty bugs.

HQ Tervigon is the show piece of the army and and nothing says Tyranids like a brood of Genestealers.
    HQ: Tervigon

Troops: Tervigon
    Termagants (10)
    Genestealers (5) w-Broodlord
    "...if I had a millions of years of time and infinite power and had come up with the universe as we know it, I should be ashamed of myself." -Pigliuchi paraphrasing Bertrand Russel

Librarian

While I like the Broodlord, Tyranids now live and die by their squad synergy so i think the Terv with Catalyst would end up winning this one, though only barely.

I think that the trouble with Tyranids is that everything is so interconnected that reducing the points so drastically cuts out units that would normally be critical to keeping a force active over the long haul. Even at this low point game, killing one of those Tervs is going to seriously cripple your force.

Librarian

While I like the Broodlord, Tyranids now live and die by their squad synergy so i think the Terv with Catalyst would end up winning this one, though only barely.

I think that the trouble with Tyranids is that everything is so interconnected that reducing the points so drastically cuts out units that would normally be critical to keeping a force active over the long haul. Even at this low point game, killing one of those Tervs is going to seriously cripple your force.
    It is a tricky one; at least the 'Stealers have their own squad hive mind. 'Nids actually do really well at 500 pts, because Feed/Rage isn't easy to "bait" as easily; most armies just don't have the units!

Default orky ork ork

Big Mek, Kff, Kombi Skorcha, bosspole
    11 boyz, Trukk, PK Bosspole Nob red paint
    14 boyz, Battlewagon, Deff Rolla, red paint, big shoota
    Deff Kopta, TL rokkits
    Battle wagon is the OOOO model. Iconic even.
    Roll the mini horde forward. Krump somethin in a box with the DeffKopta. roll over big bugs with the deff rolla.

I don't have my codex on me. But I'm thinking orks.

Deff Dread with Two Scortchas (Dis iz mah Blinah), 1 Big Mec with Kustom Forcefeild, and Boyz. As Many Boyz as I can fit. (Iconic!)

The Big mec sits in the middle of the army with the Deff Dread infront on his mob. Everyone rolls foreword as the map and deployment will dictate. I figure I will not see many transports at this point level, and hope the rokkits the boys carry will suffice. To out number the other guy at this point limit is very impportent. Expectantly if your playing on 4x4 Tables.
    Last edited by Lockark; 05-06-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    Oh, I got one.

Necron Lord and 2x10 Warriors.

...Or if you don't want to screw Necrons over, break the FoC a bit. 1 HQ and 1 Troops, instead of 2 Troops.
    This. +1. Like.

The whole "But that's why it's called a challenge" bit is just a slap in the face. Normal Force Org in 500 points doesn't work. Try rules similar to Combat Patrol. Adepticon seems to have it ironed out.
    "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama
    Like my posts and ideas? Visit my Blog! http://www.dave40k.blogspot.com

Librarian

You know what? Screw Necrons. Necrons have everything they could possible need in that list--mid-range firepower capable of dealing with any enemy unit, including tanks and vehicles of all varieties. It won't be "good" but it will accurately reflect Necrons in every important way. I'm sorry you feel the rules hose Necrons, but giving Necrons an edge is a slippery slope. Next, maybe you demand point changes to the Dark Angels? Insist that Witch Hunters get all their gear upgraded to match the new Grey Knights codex?

Necrons will have a new book soon enough that will almost certainly address all these issues. Just be patient.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    You know what? Screw Necrons. Necrons have everything they could possible need in that list--mid-range firepower capable of dealing with any enemy unit, including tanks and vehicles of all varieties. It won't be "good" but it will accurately reflect Necrons in every important way. I'm sorry you feel the rules hose Necrons, but giving Necrons an edge is a slippery slope. Next, maybe you demand point changes to the Dark Angels? Insist that Witch Hunters get all their gear upgraded to match the new Grey Knights codex?

Necrons will have a new book soon enough that will almost certainly address all these issues. Just be patient.
    Troll. -1. Dislike.
    "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama
    Like my posts and ideas? Visit my Blog! http://www.dave40k.blogspot.com

Necrons... they are good. You can't get small point armies... same as Grey Knights.

And you will get a new Codex. But the new is good as it is.

But i still want them to get a points decrease. So i can fit soem more into my army! And get rid of We'll Be Back, put in Feel No pain and Fearless instead, or something like "They Shall Know No Fear2 instead of Fearless.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast