BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by DadExtraordinaire View Post
    So you telling me that you would be happy if the price of gas went up by 25%? If your place of work was an hour and half drive away with no public transportation to speak of, your telling me you would lump it and like it without expressing unhappiness?

I think you would.
    I have experienced petrol prices that are now almost double what they were so a 25% increase isn't too bad, granted most of that is owing to duty rises rather than the manufacture increasing prices... but at then end of the day with your car, if you can no longer afford to run it you find an alternative, I cycle now instead of driving my car for 30 mins, my other option is to lump it. The petrol company knows if I want fuel I will pay those prices as there is no alternative. Similarly, if GW increase their price people will still pay it if they want it. It just takes longer to save up for it . As for GW destroying their sales IIRC the total sales were down but profits were up so if mass selling a lower prices isn't working lower volume with greater profits might. It sucks because its our plastic crack and I am fortunate enough to be within the UK so the prices aren't that uncomfortable.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Just been reading the FB thread, not sure how accurate one comment is but the general thrust of his post was to say buying some Forgeworld equivalent models is actually cheaper than buying the GW model in Australia, LR and Dreads were mentioned. If this is the case I am sure it wont be for long.
    Just so you know if I was to buy a Valkerie in Aust from GW it will cost me $103 with free post.
    From GW UK with 20 pounds shipping added on it cost me $89.40
    From Malstrom I could get 2 valks for $110 with free postage.

While the have stopped Malstrom and the likes I can still order from GW UK and save a packet, so what really was the point. I'm not buying from GW again but if I was going too I'd still not order from GW Aust.

Lets see, to get to a GW store, it's an hour away, and with the price of gas it will cost alot to get there and get home, and the increase of a GW increase, yeah, GW will be loosing out this time.

Before it was high gas price and go to GW store now it's high gas prices and higher GW prices. Guess who misses out for me? I need gas to get around, I don't need GW.

It's funny GW needs us but they do everything to push us away or at least not buy from them but by other means.

Before I would always buy brand new, now, just like how I buy a car, previously used :P
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Librarian

Thankfully they finally answered on their FB page but... The angry nerd rage against them is now unstoppable...

5 price increases within the last 3 years, just after they told us that in 4 years they wouldn´t increase them...

Hope they reconsider this piece of crap and **** and keep these prices for a year or so
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

I just have something simple to say, unlike gas prices, the fact that our votes really don't mean anything, or the fact that unions are losing their footing because someone is always willing to do the job cheaper and no one cares about quality anymore.

All of you do realize that the one thing we as consumers can affect is a LUXURY item right???

This is the WORLD WIDE WEB, is it really so difficult for everyone to get together worldwide and boycot GW's prices for just 1 week or 1 month. Do you really have so little self control that you cannot go 1 month w/o buying a new GW product?

If the whole world stopped for 1 week or better 1 month I do believe GW's (LUXURY) product will have a price drop.

Join together and say enough is enough, or is humanity so self absorbed that we truly cannot come together on anything?

Chapter-Master

I just placed my pre-order for the new Fine Cast miniatures I want today. Hoorah.

Brother-Sergeant

I beleive that the month of July was the boycott month? Perhaps we need a fresh "Boycott" thread?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Just been reading the FB thread, not sure how accurate one comment is but the general thrust of his post was to say buying some Forgeworld equivalent models is actually cheaper than buying the GW model in Australia, LR and Dreads were mentioned. If this is the case I am sure it wont be for long.
    It is very much the case, and has been for quite a while.

Chaplain

I just laugh that GW Aus will be finding themselves in all sort of trouble now again. I mean who is going to pay lots of money for a product that cost less in other countries. Add to that, end of year financing and sales reports will show that GW Aus isn't as good as other countries like the UK...wonder why that is.
    Could it be we have to pay more, or is it that the hobby down here isn't as popular?

I can tell you that we have gaming stores in every state, hundreds of gaming clubs all over the country, and so many gamers in each state we could fill stadiums with us. The point is GW will just see that at the end of the day our consumption of their products are down, but won't blame that it's there overpricing as their fault.
    "hey i guess they just don't play 40k down there that much"
    Maybe if they got the prices in line with other countries, it may just put consumption up and sales up as well. But i guess thats GW for thinking there.

Smart tip for any business:
    Dont raise prices and watch veteran customes drop out and new ones walk away because its too expensive now, you lower the prices so you keep everyone in the market and attract new customes. End result...lots of new customers make more money for your company than no new customers and veterarans who don't need to spend.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

I just have something simple to say, unlike gas prices, the fact that our votes really don't mean anything, or the fact that unions are losing their footing because someone is always willing to do the job cheaper and no one cares about quality anymore.

All of you do realize that the one thing we as consumers can affect is a LUXURY item right???

This is the WORLD WIDE WEB, is it really so difficult for everyone to get together worldwide and boycot GW's prices for just 1 week or 1 month. Do you really have so little self control that you cannot go 1 month w/o buying a new GW product?

If the whole world stopped for 1 week or better 1 month I do believe GW's (LUXURY) product will have a price drop.

Join together and say enough is enough, or is humanity so self absorbed that we truly cannot come together on anything?
    I'm sorry, and this has nothing to do with the fact i think a boycott is a silly idea, but it just simply wouldn't work. reasons to name a few:

- Only a small portion of GW customers are online as part of BOLS and other wargamimg communities. so organising a web boycott will only get you so far.
    - Not everyone agrees with the idea of a boycott as they just choose to buy when they can afford. and the ones who are hating GW and their prices already shop elsewhere or not at all anyway.
    - kids don't give a crap about economics, buisness etc. So they are going to continue spending their pocket money on plastic
    - parents for birthdays and presents and general treats will continue to buy GW products
    - retailers will continue to replenish their stock
    - new people to the hobby, starter box sets sold etc

the list goes on

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast