BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What armies would you like in the 6th. Ed starter?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tau & Sisters

7 12.28%
  • Space Marines & Necrons

15 26.32%
  • Space Marines & Tau

10 17.54%
  • Sisters & Necrons

25 43.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What armies should the 6th ed. Starter box include?

Interest check. Alternate army thoughts, post em below.
    What would you guys like to buy in the 6th edition box set?
    What elements should change / stay the same?

Librarian

i would love to see Marines vs Chaos Marines(or Chaos in general; like cultists, marines and daemons)

This would fall back on the Good vs. Evil Stereotype.

I would like to see Guard vs. Crons: 2 different playstyles (emphasizing the variety of 40k) while providing the "good vs evil" for parents and the cool terminator look for kids.

Also, both armies are expensive to complete after they have been started from the starter kit, therefore more money for GW!
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Chaplain

We all know that whatever armies are in the box, one of them HAS TO BE Space Marines. C'mon now, it's their poster child. No way would they not.

The most ridiculous box-set would be Space Marines vs Space Marines! But that's not all too far-fetched for GeeDub!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

I voted Sisters vs Necrons.

But it is (probably) going to be Black Templar vs Daemons.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

It will be be Space Marines vs. flavour of the month horde army x

It can't really not be space marines considering how many variations of space marine there are.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I voted Sisters vs Necrons.

But it is (probably) going to be Black Templar vs Daemons.
    There was some talk earlier about the boxed set being sisters vs chaos, which admittedly seems strange. However, a lot of people found Skaven vs High Elves as an 'out there' choice and it actually happened. I suppose having BT in the boxed set as opposed to a codex chapter might be as 'exotic' as GW gets and having daemons as the chaos army makes sense as it would differ from the BT army in aesthetics more. 3e with DE was the only boxed set with human-looking armies, as the Eldar (and Dark Eldar) look the most like humans of all the xenos.

My dream box would be Craftworlders vs CSM, as they are the next two armies I would like to play. I doubt either will be in it though.

Brother-Sergeant

Chaos and Sisters. I have the former and would love to start the latter. That and it was one of the possible combo's rumored
    Why is it the bad guys are always more interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    i would love to see Marines vs Chaos Marines(or Chaos in general; like cultists, marines and daemons)

This would fall back on the Good vs. Evil Stereotype.

I have to agree. That or Sisters Vs. CSM would be realy cool too.

Librarian

SM and Necrons for me...

Cause metal brothers are coming back, and telling the fluff of the Dragon´s awakening in Mars should be pretty F...ING awesome!!!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast