BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

OK this list istrue to the fluff but not easy to win with.

As a rule I'd say try to save points to fill out troops jet bikes are good but I think you need more

my advise loose guide far seer will be moving towards enemy flat out leaving war walkers behind. He is joined to a close combat squad and his transport is twin linked any way. All other units are twin linked or BS 4.

Destructor is a good pick for warlocks as you are going to be out numbered.

Conceal well for one unit a good strat will be in placing objectives. in both obj based missions you can place an objective in a place where wraith guard can get to and in cover. To maximise the tough nut to shift place then in reserve when they come on they run on to the objective the longer they stay off the less time foe has to get rid of. Enhance is a good power for this squad.

Star engines not essential

how about vypers instead of war walkers. Their speed gives them a great contest ability. at the moment you have 2 things to rapidly contest and jet bikes most things can deal with. Keep them seperate Put them in reserve and they can motor on flat outand yariel can help with the reseve roll

davel
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

Good, this is all getting me thinking.

Termies . . . the plan has always been to throw the 4++ Warlock/Yriel/Farseer combo at them and watch them bounce off of invulnerable saves. Softening them up a bit first isn't a bad idea though. My original idea was to use BLs on the Wraithlords but then switched to MLs to free up some points. My concern with 2+ is that my army is already weak on ToF, so horde and fast/light armies are going to be a problem.

My circle plays SWs, GKs, DE and Tyranids, along with Lysandermarines and occasionally Orks. How important is 2+ against Nids and DE? I realize my army is going to be weak against DE poisoned attacks but I really don't see any simple way around that without just buying different models to replace the Wraithguard/lords.

Librarian

War walkers are a great shooting platform fir this list. One thing you might do is replace the scatter lasers with shuriken cannons. I get almost as many shots at the same strength and save a ton of points that can be directed to your scoring units and transports.

Made a few modifications to strike greater fear into the hearts of heavy infantry:

HQ: Yriel
    HQ: Farseer w/Runes of Warding, Fortune, Guide; 3 Warlocks, one with Enhance; Wave Serpent with TL Shurikannon, Spirit Stones, Star Engines

Troops: 10 Wraithguards, Spiritseer with Conceal
    Troops: 10 Wraithguards, Spiritseer with Conceal
    Troops: 3 Guardian Jetbikes

Heavy Support: Wraithlord with Bright Lance
    Heavy Support: Wraithlord with Bright Lance
    Heavy Support: War Walker Squadron x3, All with two Starcannons

Star Cannons aren't particularly great. The Wraithguard should be doing that job anyway, so there's no real point to all the Star Cannons on your Walkers. Just swap them back to Scatter Lasers and your Farseer NEEDS Spirit Stones. A Farseer without Spirit Stones is just a Failseer.

I think I have a suggestion for your army that's both effective and fluffy. Turn that 3 man jet bike squad into a small mounted seer council. the spirit host list I run is almost identical to yours with the addition a a mid sized mounted seer council. Throw some spears on them and they can do a decent job tank hunting by JSJ'ing. Throw some destructor and now you have some minor horde control. Maybe drop the serpent to mount the council? In my experience one serpent dies really really fast.

^I agree with this. Drop the Serpant and maybe the 3 Jetbikes if you have to and stick your Farseer and Warlocks on Jetbikes, give them Destructors, give the Farseer Spirit Stones, Doom and Fortune and they will kill a lot while not dieing in the process.

Librarian

Easiest way you can free up points to mount your farseer/warlocks, honest to goodness, is to take your walkers and change them down to dual Shuriken Cannons. You will still put out 18 S6 AP5 shots a turn. More than enough to wound nearly every marine on a 2+ and instant death Guard and Eldar. Also scares the living crap out of AV10.

Another good point, although if he was mounting his Seer Council on bikes he'd have no need for the Serpant, so he should still drop that and maybe he would have enough points to boost the numbers a little.

If I bike my Seer Council then I don't have a Yriel, which is the bite of the Seer Council in the first place. If I wasn't playing Yriel than I would just take a Farseer for psychic defense and pour the saved points into more bodies, maybe try to squeeze in a third Wraithguard squad.

I am still kicking the dog around about WW Shurikannons, the idea is volume of fire and I do like the 36". Then again how long am I going to be able to really capitalize on that extra 12"? It seems like a good idea and I'll playtest it out. Right now my opponents are either Marines so it doesn't matter what AP is and the extra shot and +range is good, or Tyranids/Orks so Scatter Laser defeats their armor anyway. For a tourney I believe I should go with Shurikannons. I've dropped the idea of playing Starcannons on them, though I'm going to do it one game just to watch my GK buddy cry.

I got to play one game with the original list versus a Draigo GK list and fought them to an effective draw even though I wasn't nearly aggressive enough with my Wraithguard (I hid them in cover tried to bait the GKs into coming up for two turns, derp). The Seer Council/Yriel did an outstanding job and Runes of Warding actually got the GK player to give up on psychic rolls after only two turns. The GK player separated Draigo and a Librarian to charge the council while the Paladin squad went after my objective, council managed to kill them both in two player turns and then fleet down the Paladins to keep them tied up the rest of the game. The War Walkers didn't manage to accomplish anything. They made friends with two Psyfleman dreads on the second turn of the game. All in all the list worked how I expected it to work and I had fun playing it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll reply again when I have another game under my belt!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast