BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    Was hard for me to get off most of the time since I tended to run squad member heavy for Divine Guidance, but I agree, I really hope we still get some version of Spirit of the Martyr to something. This was critical for taking those power weapon heavy death stars.

I also hope the Celestians still have Holy Hatred and that I'll still be able to get that via retinue on my Canoness, but heck, that may not matter so much anymore if the Canoness gets a (much needed) WS boost. Celestine getting bumped to WS7 is a pretty good sign of that.
    I know Im dreaming but, Celestians as real CC squad.....WoooP!! WoooP!! WooooP!! I want!!!

Wonder what we could get from them...since repentia hold CC selite slot and celestian are shooty.....mabe somthing like DoW celestians??
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    I know Im dreaming but, Celestians as real CC squad.....WoooP!! WoooP!! WooooP!! I want!!!

Wonder what we could get from them...since repentia hold CC selite slot and celestian are shooty.....mabe somthing like DoW celestians??
    Nah, I want the Celestians to be the ELITE close combat squad. Repentia sort of fill it out but if they no longer hold an elite slot that kinda opens it up for Celestians some. Personally I always wanted Repentia to swap slots with Seraphim, Seraphim are more fluffy Elite choices anyway (and then for Repentia to get abilities that justify being Fast Attack, like Fleet, keeping Rage, or maybe even a 12" charge. Hey, they have it in Soulstorm!). It just never made sense to me that Seraphim, with their rarity and awe-inspiring presence and skill, would be considered Fast Attack while Sisters Repentia, in many ways considered the opposite, is the Elite choice. Elite should be something the army troops aspire to be. Becoming a Sister Repentia is not something a Sister aspires to be.

You know what I would do with Celestians? Give them Sarissas and Relentless. I wouldn't care how much it bumped their cost by, I think it would be sweet to see the Celestians march up, rapid fire some poor squad and then mop it up with a charge.

But eh, now I'm just wish listing.

@up
    But it is so beautiful wish...but Repentia for FA are not good imo.....I see them as non-scoring troop unit, that leaves only one FA unit.....so its not gonna hapend unless theres gonnabe some new units.

Hey, other thought, everyone have some kind of flyier....so what will sisters have?? Lightning fighter??
    ....shhh, it's okay, it's just me.... I`m Beast at the back of your head.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    If repentia get veils instead of gimp masks, I guess I can live with a greater focus in the lists.
    I think there is a confusion.

The rumors at Heresy Online talked about veils on the sprues of the Sisters. Nothing about sprues for Repentia that I know of. Also, it'll be veils in the same way that a Nun wears a veil. Not veils in the sense that a Harem girl wears a veil.

Here, that girly from the existing range already has a veil (as well as a mask, but hey).

Fly Lord

TastyTaste strikes again.

Round 2 of the Sisters of Battle rumors:

[url]http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2011/06/15/network-news-sisters-of-battle-rumor-round-2/[/url]
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

No Repressors is a little surprising. It seemed like a perfect opportunity to give the Sisters another tank. Arbites were always 50/50, but at this point I'd guess that the Frateris Militia is back.

Nothing really stands out about this as special or even necessarily good. With faith powers changed drastically it looks like none of the fantastic tactics we've used in the past will work now (granted 75% of them involved Spirit of the Martyr to tank everything known to man), and very little has been given in return. The 6++ is nice, but I don't see it making up for being able to get a 3++ when it really counts, nor do I see us being able to get a 2++ Canoness anymore.

Impressions past that:

Canoness sounds the same as before with nerfed faith powers, but hopefully she at least has more than WS4.

Repentia, if they are cheap enough they might become a viable option. Fleet I just assumed would be there.

Celestians probably about the same as now, except A2. Granted that really is a big improvement for them in close combat, but that was back when we had Divine Guidance and Hand of the Emperor. If they still have Holy Hatred then their reroll hits power could be quite potent in close quarters, but still won't make up for those two faith powers.

Battle Sisters still get a Heavy Flamer. Yay.

Seraphim will be more fragile now, but their cheaper cost means we can take more of them at least. Offensively is a mixed bag. Overall, their new faith power will kill a Space Marine only 3% less (25% instead of nearly 28%) than the old Divine Guidance would, and their increased weight of fire with Assault 2 instead of Assault 1 Twin-Linked should make up for that. Where this shows is that we probably won't be able to get the 3++ anymore, meaning the Seraphim will have to rely on body count to survive, and will still be more fragile than they were. Another weakness is that their faith power doesn't smack down FNP like Divine Guidance would.

Dominion Squads, did we determine that they do get the Scouts rule? If they do then ooooh.

Retributors. Why so cheerful? Proper Rending does give them a shot at killing transports with Heavy Bolters, but they don't look much different.

Penitent Engines... What? I'm not sure this guy has ever played Sisters. They're still going to pop like crazy. Maybe a reduction in cost would do it. Maybe.

Again, nothing really stands out as being a suitable replacement for the old style Acts of Faith. Mostly I see minor changes coupled with a cost rebalance, and, of course, allies rules and the Inquisition being removed. At the very least, and no one has really mentioned these yet, there will be new special characters (four apparently, with the 5th being Celestine again) and maybe Frateris Militia.

Hopefully we're still just short of info.

You never know, one of the units may have a 3++ Faith power that just hasn't been mentioned yet.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    You never know, one of the units may have a 3++ Faith power that just hasn't been mentioned yet.
    It's true. Certainly the Canoness must have a special faith power. The question is what. Heck, maybe it'll be a set of options to buy from, but nothing seems to have stood out. There are also the special characters to consider, which heck, might unlock army wide faith powers.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Yup, that's a stop gap!

Chapter-Master

I love Seraphim. They're one of my favorite units in the game, and before the new codex I would ally them in with my GKs. If they get awesome melta and are super cheap now, then I'm excited. I can almost get 4x10 Sisters in Rhinos backed up by multiple Seraphim squads with what I have now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast