BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by shadosun View Post
    There are so many things I could say. But I won't. All I will state is that all of us serving never demand your respect. We lay our lives on the line so you can think whatever you want. Support us if you want, or deem us demons and hate us for what we do. But whatever the case know that I will never demand you or anyone else's respect. For anyone of any profession to think they have that right is absurd.

I will end this argument by saying that I respect you and your beliefs. I may not agree, but you have every right to hold them. I cannot take that away from you, nor will I try.
    well said sir, well said.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

There are so many things I could say. But I won't. All I will state is that all of us serving never demand your respect. We lay our lives on the line so you can think whatever you want. Support us if you want, or deem us demons and hate us for what we do. But whatever the case know that I will never demand you or anyone else's respect. For anyone of any profession to think they have that right is absurd.

I will end this argument by saying that I respect you and your beliefs. I may not agree, but you have every right to hold them. I cannot take that away from you, nor will I try.
    We're all soldiers. You signed up for the gun and camo, I signed up for the ball and chain. Both of us would die to protect that which we love and care about. You won't believe what I'm about to say but it's nonetheless true; if we were together and hell came for us I would do my utmost to protect you and I don't even know you. I believe any man that is a man is a soldier, even if called to duties uncharacteristic of one.

I have tremendous respect for soldiers of all kinds of all duties, so forgive my earlier outburt but you must understand that all too common is the sight of a coward waiving the title of soldier and thinking it a club that warrents benifits from me and that, much like the title, doesn't just apply to the military.
    Last edited by C.of.N.finity; 06-18-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Voicing negative opinions is bad manners? Do you live in My little Pony world? Does saying 'the economy is bad right now' is bad manners?

Also, please explain me how one can have bad manners, but not accept bad taste? You seem to face a conundrum there, since bad manners should normally be distateful.

I would also like to posit that since manners are a social construct based on the necessity to avoid violent outburst caused by interactions that reveal a lack of moral (or social) parrallelism, and that the Internet provides us with such a media that such outbursts are now quasi-impossible, that 'manners' serve little purpose here. Not knowing which 'mannerism' will be applied by the reader invalidate the necessity for mannerism.

Which explains de facto why the Internet isn't the place for proper, 'mannered' conversation.

I do however wonder that you claimed not to know wit applies to humour and knowledge both,when you clearly have a USEFUL VOCABULARY.
    Because in my understanding, they are both required to form wit. I might have red some humouristic post from EG, or some brilliant post, but no brilliant humouristic remarks.
    Last edited by Kovnik Obama; 06-18-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You haven't seen my Witch Elf costume.
    Tease!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You haven't seen my Witch Elf costume.
    Lose 60 pounds and then I'll take a peek.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

I don't want to wear my Witch Elf costume weighing only sixty pounds, ribs are icky.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Lose 60 pounds and then I'll take a peek.

As amusing has this has been, a few points:

I have myself in my avatar because I am comfortable enough on BoLs Lounge to do so, precisely because things like this do not happen often. Or before, in fact. I would not have myself in my avatar on Warseer. The signature line is from someone on the BoLS blog who referred to me as an 'actual (alleged) girl' which I thought was so amusing I put it in my signature. The comment was just a silly joke. Though I do have a Witch Elf costume.

Now, I will post whatever I damn well want. I think I contribute enough to this forum to be allowed to make the odd silly remark, I also challenge anyone to provide proof that I am constantly referring to my gender, because I do not. I mention it sometimes, perhaps a joke or perhaps in a thread where it is warranted such as one on girl gamers or what have you.

As for my femininity, I do not need ot imply it or make reference to it. Every man/woman on this forum could be convinced I am 300lb Bob, but that doesn't make me so and in all honesty I wouldn't care. I'm not 300lb Bob (as amusing as that would be), and my opinions and posts are not predicated on my gender. I am here as a gamer, that I am female is irrelevent.

But, to get back to my second point, I will post whatever I want and if I feel like posting a silly, flirty or girly remark I will do so. I should be able to express my femininity without being censured for it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

You spent all that time typing that up, and my sandwich is, where?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

300lb Bob stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    You spent all that time typing that up, and my sandwich is, where?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Some people having fun playing dress up, in societies that are less inhibited about people masking or assuming other identities.

Librarian

Please, it was not my will to make this thread a discussion about Eldargal or an ego competition...

Can we get back to the videos I uploaded here??
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast