BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

We still can't be certain the Sisters are even going to warrant a release. The release schedule is there so that their sales is not overloaded filling out all the orders for the new release, but presently the Sisters codex is just in White Dwarf, not its own book. Until we get confirmation on new models, there's nothing to release, which leads me to this:

August: Necrons
    September: Secret Special
    October: Ogre Kingdoms
    November: Sisters of Battle

My thinking is while we will get the Sisters codex in White Dwarf, new Sisters models won't show up until November. There is the possibility that Necrons and Sisters will still swap, I mean from a release schedule perspective it would make sense, Sisters is probably going to be a slightly smaller release, no codex, just a few models, and they will release Storm of Magic in July which will be a pretty big release. I'm still banking on Necrons in August though, though we really won't know for certain until someone gets August's White Dwarf.

No, if Necrons were coming in August the WD back page would have mentioned them. It does not. The back page mentions part one of the SoB codex and Vampire Counts. August will bring the first part, september the second (rules) with perhaps models then as well. Necrons may come in November, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they get a two part WD codex as well.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    No, if Necrons were coming in August the WD back page would have mentioned them. It does not. The back page mentions part one of the SoB codex and Vampire Counts. August will bring the first part, september the second (rules) with perhaps models then as well. Necrons may come in November, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they get a two part WD codex as well.
    I would be shocked if two 40K armies got WD 'codices' instead of the real thing back-to-back in the span of a few months. This is the first I've heard that the Necron update would appear in WD.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Actually yeah, for some reason I thought we had another White Dwarf between now and then for the back cover teaser, but I guess we really don't, not for August at least. I mean I guess it's still possible that the Sisters just stole the teaser spot with the WD Codex, but if we assume that there will be a teaser for every major new army release, then we'd have little choice but to swap Sisters and Necrons, although that does go against some of the rumors that the WD Codex may not come with anything immediately.

Or maybe Tyranids will come out of left field or something.

Addendum to NL: There's been no confirmation or rumors of them being a WD cdoex, mostly just speculation because a WD codex is no longer outside the realm of possibility.
    Last edited by Lancel; 06-26-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    Actually yeah, for some reason I thought we had another White Dwarf between now and then for the back cover teaser, but I guess we really don't, not for August at least. I mean I guess it's still possible that the Sisters just stole the teaser spot with the WD Codex, but if we assume that there will be a teaser for every major new army release, then we'd have little choice but to swap Sisters and Necrons, although that does go against some of the rumors that the WD Codex may not come with anything immediately.

Or maybe Tyranids will come out of left field or something.

Addendum to NL: There's been no confirmation or rumors of them being a WD cdoex, mostly just speculation because a WD codex is no longer outside the realm of possibility.
    There has been talk about a second wave of Tyranids with the Harpy, Tyrannofex and Tervigon involved, but it could just be fanboy wishes. Then again, it might be true. I have seen the back cover of the WD posted with the new VC monster which came out of the blue, so who knows?

Necrons dont need a new codex, they are fine as is.

/ducks and runs

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    There has been talk about a second wave of Tyranids with the Harpy, Tyrannofex and Tervigon involved, but it could just be fanboy wishes. Then again, it might be true. I have seen the back cover of the WD posted with the new VC monster which came out of the blue, so who knows?
    That would be nice, then I can actually use all the units in my codex But I'm not expecting anything, I think GW has jsut forgotten about them.

Still want more rumors though. I'm leaving for the Orient in a few months and at least want to see the dang thing before I go!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Necrons dont need a new codex, they are fine as is.

/ducks and runs
    "Son get me my shotgun; we're going hunting"

I'm sorry but what you just said is about as logical as someone saying, "So when is the next Space Marine codex coming out already?"

Oh, and as for what eldargal said about necrons and a WD release.
    -turns around twice and spits on floor- un-jinx un-jinx un-jinx
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Brother-Sergeant

What is the speculation on Necron Warriors and Scarabs? I have a friend betting they will get a whole new kit. I hope not cause I have 30 warriors waiting on the sprue!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast