BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

By all means, give it a go. It may surprise us all... Just proxy up the army and play some games to see how it does in the field. I'd love to read some batreps on this type of army. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post

Aslo BS 3 models not twin linked one shot.... not worth it you will miss with over 50% of the shots.
    LOL The stupidity in this post is mind-boggling. I didn't know exactly 50/50 was less than or greater than 50/50.

Where do you teach math, professor?
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    LOL The stupidity in this post is mind-boggling. I didn't know exactly 50/50 was less than or greater than 50/50.

I had a similar reaction. Maybe by "miss" he meant "either fail to hit or fail to wound."

Of course, operating from that premise, very few weapons fail to "miss" more than half the time...

Quote Originally Posted by nosferatu View Post
    May i just point out a tiny...over looked factor. its all fine and dandy to say you have an unbreakable list but in truth its all down to the small six face lady, known to to many as die/dice. You’re gonna fire 29 cannons at me, fine roll for it. bs3 monkey...so if i have done my maths right, 12 will miss. so that’s 13 hits. Yes this will have an impact (dead tanks etc.), no questioning this but...this is if you have first turn and if your opponent is stupid enough not to cover hug.

oh and if you were fighting an ork horde player, so mobs of 30 per slot, even if you select h.bolters, they will get you. if they have grotsnik...have fun with the whaaaaagggh with inv saves . your army is cheesy and a prime example of people who just want to play to win not for fun but its not unbeatable.

just my two pence
    nos'
    I'm not a mean guy so I'll just let this go.

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post

Okay poor choice of language to say "miss" ineffective just didn't have the same ring:

BS 3 = hitting on a 4,5,6 ; missing on a 1,2,3 = 50/50 to hit

Depending on AV:
    14= Glance on 5; pen on 6; Miss on 1,2,3,4
    13= Glance on 4; pen on 5,6; Miss on 1,2,3
    12= Glance on 3; Pen on 4,5,6; Miss on 1,2
    11= Glance on 2; Pen on 3,4,5,6; Miss on 1
    10= Pen on 2,3,4,5,6; Miss on 1

No matter what the AV is you are still only damaging the vehicle less then 50% of the time since you have to initially "hit" it and you only have 50/50 odds on that with BS 3 then at best you are damaging it 5/6th of the time, which is 41.67% of the time.

So, you are effectively doing nothing to your target 58.3% of the time or "missing" eat a phallus Grammar ****.
    Last edited by Denied; 06-27-2011 at 01:11 PM.

I agree there is a chance that a lascannon does nothing every time it is shot.

Think of it this way:

Lascannon:

BS 3 = 50 chance to hit, 41.67% chance to damage on AV10

BS 4= 66.6% chance to hit 55.56% Chance to damage on AV10

BS 3 TL = 75% chance to hit 62.5% Chance to damage on AV10 (This is why people hate dettas)

BS 4 TL = 88.8% chance to hit 74% chance to damage on AV10
    (Oh StormRaven Gunship you make me happy, I wish you were cheaper)

So out of the 29 Lascannon shots you take:

BS 3 = 12.08 are going to do anything

BS 4 = 16.1 are going to do anything

BS 3 TL= 18.13 are going to do anything

BS 4 TL= 21.46 are going to do anything

These are your BEST odds.

You're not the first person to think Jokero Monkey spam could be amazing. Then people realize the math doesn't work in their favor. If Jokero were TL Lascannons then I wouldn't be bothered by BS 3, but as it is they are not. Add in the fact they have to remain stationary and all you have is a cheaper IG heavy weapons squad... nothing special or super scary.

Think of it this way:

...all you have is an entire army of a cheaper IG heavy weapons squadtimes 5 who can swap their guns at any time to multimelta and heavy flamer, have 5 up inv, and ride in chimeras...
    exactly!

Battle-Brother

nothing special or super scary.
    that just sums up everything people have been trying to say

@w7west: look i put my point across. its a dice based game, i have not met a single person who has always hit and wounded for every gun being fired. and yes i was wrong about them being armed with heavy bolters but my point still stands; it is dice based. yes you'll prob blast their transports, and yes you have horde deffences with the h.flamers but , this could be used agaisnt me, how do you know that you can deal with every unit so easily and that with out a doubt you''ll kill it with that gun in that turn? thats all im saying, as long as theres chance; you are not unbeatable.
    Last edited by nosferatu; 06-28-2011 at 11:45 AM.

FYI, this type of Jokero/Chimera spam list is called "The Poo Flinger".

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast