BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Are GW's policies negatively impacting your habits/attitudes towards the game?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GAWD!! WAAAAAGGHH!!

4 4.49%
  • Not really. I never paid that close attention to the online hype anyway.

14 15.73%
  • Don't know ... don't care.

6 6.74%
  • Yes. The lack of news and rumors means other things are commanding more of my attention.

57 64.04%
  • YES!! I HATE GW. PAPER CUTS AND LEMON JUICE ON ALL OF THEM!!

8 8.99%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Buffo: Because even the guys at GW think those new young "walking wallets, zero brain" customers are putting too much into GW's FAQs?

This immediately popped into my mind when I read Gir's post.
    Spam is considered to be a delicacy in parts of England. For local approximations, consider fine foods such as Beluga Caviar, truffles, or foie gras. - Actual GW website quote

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    I do apperciate that you classified it as a relationship, because it is!

For me it wasn't the info stuff - it was everything else. I do agree with you, and I have broken up with GW (and it wasn't a clean break!); however I wouldn't say this isn't the hobby for me (I so enjoy painting, modeling and gaming), but I would say, my gw enthusiasm is pretty much dead - and I would also say that this isn't the company for me to continue supporting.
    The only thing I don't like about the policies recently is the vocal way those fickle flighty people who have left GW are still around crayoning over people's threads and lurking on 40K forums prior to telling us how good the grass is on the other side of the fence.

Admittedly, M'Lord Azaghul is a fairly mild example. Its reminiscent of the kid in Toy Story jumping from Woody the Cowboy to Buzz Lightyear (not Azaghul, the whole thing).

Frankly, GW fixes policies, quitters stop waaahing on 40k forums, everyones a winner. I couldn't care less about their poxy marketing strategy.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I don't think it affects my enthusiasm for the game but it does affect my interest in new releases and the likelihood of me making full price purchases from GW directly.

A couple of examples:

• My counts as necrons army is back on the shelf until I get confirmation that the new codex is on the way.
    • My interest is sisters is pretty low as there are conflicting rumours as to whether we are getting new models with their WD release or not.
    • My last two purchases were from a discounted retailer when I would probably normally have ordered direct from GW.

As long as GW keeping making the best plastic model kits, I don't think any of this will break the game, but it seems to be all pain and no gain to me.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by WereWolf_nr View Post
    You are missing a "Yes, it caused me to defect to Privateer Press" option.
    No. I didn't want to turn this into a general "my stick is bigger than yours" row. I want to keep this focused like a needle to the eye on exclusively what GW is doing to poop in their own pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    2) This is the summer season which is traditionally the slow time when not a whole lot is released as most folks are out and about with vacations and such. Things pick up around mid August.
    I hear you. Still, I'm wonder whatever happened to "the Summer of Fliers?" Summer ends in two weeks. Where are the fliers? If the Venom and the Stormraven were it, color me underwhelmed. Can GW not stick to their own marketing plans? Basically nothing that GW has been doing lately speaks to me of a finely tuned, well oiled machine.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Summer of Fliers didn't exist, a few people on Warseer heard about the Razorwing and the possible Voidraven thing and that othe flyers were in the works, put two and two together and got fifteen.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

My interest in GW is at at all time low. But not my interest in the hobby. I've been busy on my projects with Grey Knights and Daemons, scratching around for SoB rumours and getting nowhere...

Rather than an interesting, talkative and entertaining friend, GW has become one of those friends that has decided they are above you and you generally only see them when they want to show something off, like a new girlfriend or car or gadget. They never call, never invite you out - until they can't afford their car anymore or lose their girlfriend, and then they suddenly appear and want to do things with you again - but you've already made new, exciting friends and are having fun with them. You might let them tag along, but they never really get back to being your best chum like they used to be. They need to do something REALLY spectacular be the great fun friend they used to be...

End of July and WD could be the tipping point for GW...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Summer of Fliers didn't exist, a few people on Warseer heard about the Razorwing and the possible Voidraven thing and that othe flyers were in the works, put two and two together and got fifteen.
    That is interesting, because I never go to Warseer (I won't on principle). Where I had heard of the "Summer of Fliers" was ... well, everywhere, including here and at my LGS. Because it was everywhere, I thought it must be official. I'll chalk this one up to the repeated regurgitation of unverified data suddenly being taken as gospel truth due to it choking out all contradictory evidence ... kinda like the myth of man-made global warming.

This still is something of a failing on GW's part, however. It doesn't strike me that other game producers have this issue of rumored production being preached as scheduled releases in a brick and mortar store. And it'd be something easy to counter, too, if GW weren't so tight lipped.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    like the myth of man-made global warming.
    I am SO with you on this amigo...glad I'm not the only one...

Nope.
    /skeptics fist bump

But yes, the summer of flyer thing was wrong. GW do have a bunch of flyers ready to go into production at some point or being worked on to that end, but there was never a flyer supplement intended for release this year. This year was SoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unzuul the Lascivious View Post
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Unzuul the Lascivious View Post
    +1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast