BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRollRebel View Post
    very true. Lotta zoidberg bugs out there these days . I'd imagine that that biomorph will be seeing a points bump in the next codex
    Yes it will but other things will be dropped in points so it will even out probably.

Brother-Captain

If your bugs are based on shooty MCs blowing things away, Genestealers have a use a protectors. Shooty MCs aren't good in combat, so sit Genestealers nearby to intercept assaulters going after them.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Shooty MCs aren't good in combat.
    It's still a MC; Str:5+ (or 9!!); good toughness, lots of wounds, good armour save, 3-5 attacks on the charge. Do 2d6 against AV. They still bust vehicles and smoosh infantry, and are only 2 attacks less a round then the fully taloned MC's.

A boomfex and a dakkarant with gaurds is decent in CC and if you have feeder tendril close by then they are even better!
    Got a question about Tyranids PM me
    I will do what I can to help.

Brother-Captain

Blasty fexes really aren't all that hot, but a Tyrant with Guards can do some damage.

Scout

I've had some fantastic successes with outflanking genestealers. I run 3 squads of 7 'stealers with feeder tendrils and scuttlers in 2000 points. As my usual opponent is Imperial Guard (gunline) and 'stealers can take on any vehicles (my greatest success being the destruction of two Leman Russes by 6 'stealers. They were a squadron and i rolled enough imobilised results) or charge multiple infantry squads to ensure I stay in combat for at least two rounds.

I also enjoyed using outflanking termaguants on occasion. My most notable achievement was a brood of outflanking termaguants were whittled down to a single guant, to avoid me recycling them, which then went on to charge a 10 man guard infantry squad through cover in an effort to die. I won combat and caught the squad in sweeping advance. Good times

Tom

Brother-Sergeant

If I try to hit flanks with my stealers, (which I don't usually do) I run a gaunt screen ahead of them. It's kinda a 1-2 punch in that the gaunts tie up the first squad, and the stealers can move past...But it can bite you in the back side if your gaunts fail to do their job.

I generally use stealers and a broodlord as a hammer, not a knife. They make very good hero/leader killers with the right biomorphs.

Bump...

Because I felt like it
    Got a question about Tyranids PM me
    I will do what I can to help.

Interesting points, I can never help but put either catalyst if I'm scraping points, or Warp Blast on my thropes though because they always seem to make their points back then.

Scout

I like the lictor/outflanking genestealers combo. It can definitely be brutal. Even if the genestealers wipe the unit they assault, you should be able to massacre move them so that the gunline player only has one or two units that can shoot at them without cover. At that point, they might be able to make their points back just by sucking up fire. As always, this is situational.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast