BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Heavy flamers love them some ork boyz but seriously they have low I and +6 armor...blast them and never let them get the charge(which should very easy since they are footslogging)

Battle-Brother

All of the codexi have hidden nuggets for fighting other armies. Orks excel at assault. Orks have multipliers to further increase the damage of their assault.

Tyranids vs Orks can be an awesome struggle to watch (even Kryptman wanted to see it on a planetary scale).

Take hyper gaunts, not just stealers. Stealers should be compared to nobz. Boyz are gaunts.

If you are playing a stealer-only force, time to rethink that. There are awesome builds using Fex's, gaunts, warriors, lichtors...You can make an army that is ded-likky in ork vernacular. I SAW a ork horde army LOSE to a tyranid army at the New Egland Ard' Boyz semis. And that Tyranid army was genestealer heavy. Watch that guy in Chicago!

Veteran-Sergeant

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Latro_ View Post
    Radical idea:

use the ork codex to represent your army since there is no GS cult codex .

Model generstealers with implants to represent acid spit (sluggas) as normal boyz.

Bit of imagination and ye sorted.

You sir, are a genius.

blasts, templates, Verrrry shooty guns(3-4 shots atleast)

just spray the hordes its hard for them too hide and most weapons ignore armour saves, if they have a KFF u might be in trouble and in assault only units with lots of attacks(striking scorpians, Harlies) are good

Battle-Brother

Take whatever army you have and cover them with templates, just deliver all the indiscriminate justice you can. I play orks and hate this. Throw in some fast firing weapons and my opponents just pre/counter charge with a good effect. And remember that baiting with a small or already damaged unit annoys ork players, this causes them to make mistakes. Just be creative, orks are slow and if what you do changes a lot its hard for orks too keep up.

Chapter-Master

A charging unit of 8 Berzerkers will kill most of the squad on the charge, and finish them off in the next round of combat.

Grey knights work similarly well. Drive up, Stormbolter and Incinerator them, then assault. I once played a 1000pt game where I took 2 LR crusaders, 2x6 Grey Knights with Incinerators, and a Brother captain against 101 orks. At the end, I had a Crusader and my Brother Captain left, while my opponen had about 10 boys futilely trying to catch the land raider with a powerfist. Very fun game, my 15 models vs his 101.

Most armies have sufficient access to flamers, blast weapons, or dedicated assault troops to take out a 30 ork mob. The real problem is making sure that that assault unit isn't swarmed the turn after it wins combat, which simply comes down to careful manuvering on your part.

toughness 7 carnifex! their strength 3 cant hurt you, so all you have to worry about is the power claw, if they have one.

Scout

I like that idea Latro.

Superbran

Veteran-Sergeant

Dont forget, losing some shooting attacks and charging the Orks is WAY better than being charged!
    Unless your squad has 6 flamers.... or you play Tau.

Chaplain

You don't. You shoot the hell out of them, whittle there numbers down as its there strength. Make sure you charge them, never let them charge you. Thouhg, power weapons will wreck them as thye have little invulnerable saves.
    www.imperiusdominatus.com - warhammer 40,000 tactica and hobby blog

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast