BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fade_74's Orks

I always feel bad when I see people painting this well. I could never paint this well and it annoys me. I want to paint that well, and if I had the conectration I could. But I always speed paint or do bog basic stuff instead of doing what I could do. But that is great work. And it makes me want to try harder to oull of great paintjobs

Chaplain

TheRise, I hope you find some inspiration in my stuff. It took a long time and a lot of practice to get to this point. I started painting minis in about...1986? God...that seems like forever ago lol. I painted dnd miniatures by the hundreds, dozens of dragons, monster, etc. I didn't get into warhammer until about 1999. I painted one fantasy army, tons of mordheim stuff, all while still painting dnd minis. I finally found my niche in 2000 when I got my first 40k minis. I find them the most fun to paint and collect, and that's what keeps me going. I'm telling you all this just to say...If you love it, keep doing it, you WILL get better. It took me a quarter of a century. There is no reason to feel bad.

You made me think of concentration. I think I actually paint better when not concentrating to hard. I listen to music, and sing along. Or, as of late, audio books. Maybe you just have to find that sweet spot in your head where you can just paint without over worrying it. Concentration gets to me sometimes too.

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by fade_74 View Post
    You made me think of concentration. I think I actually paint better when not concentrating to hard. I listen to music, and sing along. Or, as of late, audio books. Maybe you just have to find that sweet spot in your head where you can just paint without over worrying it. Concentration gets to me sometimes too.
    Ha that's how I am. I can't really concentrate on any painting or else I over do it with too much paint or screw up doing lines.

Your Big Mek looks really great by the way, I'll have to show my buddy it since he want's 2 for his army but doesn't want 2 of the exact same model. Your stuff is an inspiration man and I can't really thank you enough.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Chaplain

Entered my first Golden Demon competition this year! I put in my stormboyz (posted earlier in this thread) and a malcador tank (pics will be forthcoming). I didn't think I would do worth a crap. Made first cut with both, but didn't take home a demon. I am still very pleased. There was some VERY stiff competition across all categories.
    Lot's of beautiful work. Congratulations to all the winners! Oh, gratz to Jawaballs too for his banner! Pictures on the web won't do justice to his beautiful banner.

Scout

wow , your orks are really inspiring me to go paint mine again. Keep up the good work man

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345