BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Not sure what the Big Beasties are actually called, but they're both fantastic, and the rest look very nice as well. The Ogres had the bad luck to be created during the Storm of Dull Ideas that was 6th/7th Edition, so it's nice to see them finally getting some character in their model range.

EDIT: I'm sure it's occurred to others, but that beast just screams "Baby's First Squiggoth" to my Ork brain.
    Last edited by Lexington; 08-01-2011 at 08:46 AM.

You can really see the angular, cartoony Orc design aesthetic carried through here that seemed to be more subdued on the Tomb Kings. I love the creature designs but the ogres look very bad on their perches. Comically bad.

The sculpting seems to be up to GW's incredibly high standards for their modern releases.

Veteran-Sergeant

Awesome! These are the kinds of models that would get me back into WHF. Thanks for the post

Is GW still doing away with the "black box"????? Would be nice to preview the codex before the release and see how it would will play. Might spike my interest more and help influence my pre-order.
    Last edited by AngelsofDeath; 08-01-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    Your Codex is only great until the next one is released.....

woah, I think my pants are a little wet. I've loved Ogres since they came out, and only a year ago put them on the shelves after playing them for a very long time. I was really crossing my fingers for a solid face lift in the new book but holy crap! This stuff looks amazing!

Adeptus Custodes

What do you think of the detail on the Cannon? Is it a looted Imperial cannon, or is it the story of how the ogres defeated the empire with it at some battle?
    More Necromunda please.

Veteran-Sergeant

those pics are like
    PURE PONOGRAPHY

I am one of those who have been waiting years for this day to come and it looks glorious!
    Spelling errors are free of charge...

Chapter-Master

Curious that the Cav model mounts look like the ba$tard children of a Rhinox and a Sabretusk... I don't dislike them, but I can't help but wonder why they didn't opt for Plastic Rhinox cav. Perhaps because the FW models look so pimp in the first place?

www.queencityguard.com

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It's always been good. :
    I should have been clear that I meant the models. All this new stuff is looking awesome. It hasn't always.

Funny you should mention that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Morley
    the story on the Nagash, model... is this;

It was my first big Multi-part mini I had ever attempted. and it certainly
    went through many versions in sculpting. (In those days concept drawing
    were very sketchy and I had very little input.) But only one version ever made it to the
    moulds. However, there are two head versions the original head was based
    on the design that i was given, a more Zombie looking type. And that was the one
    that my design manager and I (at the time) prefered. But at that time all miniatures
    had to be approved not only by the design studio, but also by the sales management.

This is where it came un-stuck! They did'nt like it, and prefered to have a Skull,...?
    Much to my dislike. Now because of release dates and schedules I had one day to put it 'right'. So preffering the original I went ahead and made the alternative. Now, I never thought for one moment thought that they would approve the (laughing clown) skull and would revert back to the original.
    The Joke back-fired. And to my horror it was approved and they released it!

Throughout my time at GW I know i made some sculpts that I was not that happy with.
    But, Nagash has been the one model that Haunted me all through my time there.
    (AND IT STILL DOES!)
    And vowed that I would re-make before I left. However, that was never to be.

I am working on my own version but will prolly not see the light of day until next year. Stands approx 70mm tall and will be cast in around 20 parts.

Blood Bowl was my favorite game at GW. Shame they never wanted to push it further. I would have love to have seen a Necromunder version.
    I wrote about it [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/blog.php?b=471"]here[/URL]. Even had a nice thank you message from Mr Morley.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Dear Bank Balance

I am so so sorry, i hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me
    for what i am going to do to you.

My apologies

Someone who is going to be skint for the rest of the year.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast