BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Genestealer brotherhood counts as grey knights?

OK, bear with me here before you unleash.

The usual genestealer brotherhood list is a variant of Imperial Guard with captured equipment etc.

My main problem with this is that even with Straken (who is about the only IG character who makes a passable genestealer) the army will still play and feel like IG and lack that CC bite that you'd expect from stealers. Plus the infantry conversions get repetitive fast.

So how does this look? essentially its henchmen with a few extras to add to the anti-mech potential

HQ
    Coteaz = Genestealer magus (must have for this list)
    Grey knight characters grand master/librarian (one allowed as the genestealer patriarch/broodlord)

Elites
    Assassins = Assassins (not very fluffy, but otherwise this slot would be empty and assassination is a tool used by the cults)

Troops (backbone of the force)
    Henchmen:
    Arco flagellants = enraged hybrids
    Crusader = Corrupted arbites (with riot shields and power mauls/hybrid claws)
    Death Cult assassins = Purestrain stealers
    Servitors = Heavy weapon hybrids
    Psykers = Magus thralls
    Acolytes = Genestealer brotherhood
    Chimera = looted chimera

Heavy
    Land raiders = looted heavy vehicles (again not very fluffy but could work with the right conversions)

Chapter-Master

Mr Iso, a confession:

I started reading, and i was ready to flame/troll you into the ground.

Actually, on consideration, I think this is an awesome idea - excepting landraiders as the chimera or rhino should sub for coven limousine.

My respects sirrah.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

Inspired "counts as" suggestions. I like a lot.

Adeptus Custodes

Would suggesting a Nemisis Dreadknight as some kind of power lifter be too much of an Aliens reference?
    More Necromunda please.

Scout

I love the idea, i think for the grand master a magus with in a suit of clawed up terminator armor with claws instead of the hands would just be awesome (to kinda imply he got it off of killing a terminator, and took it as a trophy, good for wysiwyg), and maybe for a land raider a limo type vechical that has many plates attached to it with lots of weapons bolted to it, would kinda look orky, but if you did it right and maybe had some hybrids sticking out the windows or on the guns it would just be so awesome!

Chapter-Master

Hard to make a limo look land-raideresque - unless it is stretched hummer stylee...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Would suggesting a Nemisis Dreadknight as some kind of power lifter be too much of an Aliens reference?
    For a cult of a codex (Tyranids) that is basically an Aliens reference, it will be a crime NOT to put in the Power lifter...

You're not allowed to buy ranged upgrades for the thing thou. The classic power lifter does not have weaponry... having a flamethrower at most.
    Spam is considered to be a delicacy in parts of England. For local approximations, consider fine foods such as Beluga Caviar, truffles, or foie gras. - Actual GW website quote

Chapter-Master

hmmm some very good counts as, however my 2 suggestions are:

1) as arco flangellents are tougher and stronger than the rest of the henchmen shouldnt they be purestrain?
    2) terminator armour is hard to justify on something as squish as a patricarh ? how about giving him some hybrids with shields? or a energy field.
    3)if done properly the land raider could be some sort of 'beast in the sewers' but probably should be missed out.
    4) assains = assasins? no, no, no youve forgotten the other nid' that was in the stealer dex: lictors
    5) id also lean to more hybrids, less purestrain.

still a very nice idea, if all the conversions are done nicely (and knowing your conversiion skills they will :P)

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Thanks for the comments, that dreadknight power loader sounds fun.

Not yet sure if this is going to make it off teh drawing board to be a real army but I think this model is getting made regardless:

The Pimpmobile (counts as chimera):

Chaplain

That picture is priceless. Brilliant idea sire! I hope this gets off the drawing board or atleast post some more drawings!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast